Votes: 17 51.5%
  • doesn't matter, I'm skilled like that

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

burgerks

Chimp
Aug 15, 2002
eugene these days
Just wondering what foot people put forward when their jumping? I'm a left foot and I'm right handed. From folks I've talked to that seems odd to them.
Just curious...
k

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
I ride right foot forward and I'm right handed.

Since I've seen a few iterations of the "which foot forward" thread I'll say that more people ride left foot forward than right, maybe 60/40 but it's really pretty random IIRC.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
i voted left foot forward (right handed), but when absolutely necessary e.g. wall rides to the left or clockwise spins, I can switch.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
I'm LFF, and Right handed.

Everyone I ride with is RFF, It took me a while to figure out that i'm opposite from everyone else. I also spin easier opposite everyone else. When i was first learning x-ups and bar spins i couldn't figure out what i was doing wrong until I tried it the other way and it all came together after that.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
left foot forward, right handed, spin to the left...everybody says that I ride all jacked up, I skated the same way too.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
when you all say 'spin left', do you mean spin into your left foot or spin into your right foot as in left turn...

i am confusing myself. clockwise or counterclockwise damnit!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
left foot fwd, spin to the right, table to the left better than to my right and i'm right handed. been working on riding switch foot

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
right foot forward, spin/wallride to the left, table to the right, X-up to the right. i can ride switch alright, to do right wallrides, get a 1/2 stroke between doubles, even air out a 1/2 pipe, but i go off axis when i try to alley-oop switch, haven't even though of trying a switch 3.

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
I think that a lot of the x-up, turning, spinning, and tabling has to do with comfort. I ride left foot forward and another guy that i ride with is also left foot forward and he is the exact opposite of me for tabling, and spinning.

he's kinda weird and can table, and spin on either side almost equally as well, but his stregnths are opposite of mine.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
I used to be able to go either foot forward, but somehow I morphed into mostly left foot forward to ride trails. I can still switch it up a bit riding DH. Im right handed and table and spin left, whip right (if that matters)