Quantcast

what do you think the Tr450's price will be?

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
One of the main reasons I dig this frame is the Cuervo similarities... I had a first gen Cuervo and loved the rear suspension.
Same here. I loved the suspension on my El Cuervo, but my large was huge, and was a tank. To me the Transition looks like a more refined, slimmed down version of the El Cuervo, and thats awesome. Although I wont be giving up my Taiwanese Demo any time soon :D.

Nozzes

Chimp
Mar 10, 2009
Now that you've mencioned it,it does really look like a Cuervo...and guess what?A Transition TR450 frame is expected to sell here in Portugal by some 2300€,and the Ventana importer is making a discount for competition on the Cuervo frame...1800€!
Now Transition frames were known for being reasonably affordable,any idea why the TR came out about 500€ (or $) more expensive than we expected?

Jan 13, 2005
Park City,Utah
Now that you've mencioned it,it does really look like a Cuervo...and guess what?A Transition TR450 frame is expected to sell here in Portugal by some 2300€,and the Ventana importer is making a discount for competition on the Cuervo frame...1800€!
Now Transition frames were known for being reasonably affordable,any idea why the TR came out about 500€ (or $) more expensive than we expected?

just because people expect things on the interweb does not really hold any truth. and besides its still cheaper then most and you get the kick ass customer service and lifetime crash replacement.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Pre-order placed... Just gotta procure an integrated headset and an e.13 reducer or similar and I'm ready to roll once they're ready.

Last edited:

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
Pre-order placed... Just gotta procure a tapered headset now and I'm ready to roll once they're ready.
I would recommend picking one up with the frame via the shop/distributor. It's a Cane Creek - IS Fustrum top and XX Flush bottom. Otherwise you might have to do some mix and match stuff. Or use half of an E13 reducer set and the corresponding 36/45 degree integrated headset from FSA or Cane Creek.

Cane Creek is moving to selling top and bottom individually but in the mean time getting the right headset setup will be a bit annoying.

Cheers!

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I would recommend picking one up with the frame via the shop/distributor. It's a Cane Creek - IS Fustrum top and XX Flush bottom. Otherwise you might have to do some mix and match stuff. Or use half of an E13 reducer set and the corresponding 36/45 degree integrated headset from FSA or Cane Creek.

Cane Creek is moving to selling top and bottom individually but in the mean time getting the right headset setup will be a bit annoying.

Cheers!
Yeah cheers for the heads up. Will organise one that way.

Now get back to welding before I get cranky! I'm an impatient bastard