Quantcast

What do you think of my Rotec??

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
I have just bought this '06/'07 Rotec RL9, I have fitted a flush FSA headset, to get that front end super low, Ex-team Santa Cruz '06 40's, FULL XO carbon, Sun MTX camo's on ringle hubs, avid codes, Custom 5th element with Ti spring, E-13 SRS, Diabolus cranks, Funn stem and bars...
First impressions are good, real active with a nice ramp up at the end of the stroke, hopefully I get on with it, I HATED my sunday...

All that is yet to be fitted is an e-13 LG-1 (black) as i think it will fit better.

What do you think?

I will try and get some better pics when i can!

Last edited:

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
Please explain?

I bought them from Marc Beaumont of team MBUK/ Santa Cruz a year ago at a race meet, they were his spare 2006 race fork. They still have some 'custom' internals. I have them serviced my MOJO (uk fox importer) and they wont say exactly what's in them, but they have said there's no bottom out system to save weight, a few things added, a few things removed.

Explained enough?

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
The sunday's b/b was way too low, i smacked the bottom of the frame on rocks a lot, and always stuffed the pedals even with 165mm cranks. The b/b on this is higher and i personally prefer shocks with no platform, that is what the rotec is designed for, the frame does all the work meaning you only need a plush shock, simple shock. I might be selling the stem and chain device, i will keep you posted.

Thanks!

Npdh

Monkey
Apr 29, 2007
The sunday's b/b was way too low, i smacked the bottom of the frame on rocks a lot, and always stuffed the pedals even with 165mm cranks. The b/b on this is higher and i personally prefer shocks with no platform, that is what the rotec is designed for, the frame does all the work meaning you only need a plush shock, simple shock. I might be selling the stem and chain device, i will keep you posted.

Thanks!
Reading that I asume that your 5th element isn't overdamped like the stock one. Did the tune consist in removing the Spv?

Cya

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
I might change the wheels anyway, got a rear hadley on an 823 UST i may put on and buy a front to match.

The shock is being replaced with a Pushed Roco RC, so should run even better!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Nice bike... but on a DH bike, I'd think the added weight of the bottom-out resistance internals on the fork would be well worth it.

That's just my $0.02.

yetiboyjay

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
England, Devon
To be honest, i have never felt them bottom harshly anyway, they have a great ramp up and the comression damping is awesome. If i was just hucking then maybe i would have it all put back in.