Quantcast

What do you do with....

Fly

Monkey
Sep 17, 2005
Your broken 888's?

I have a set that I picked up for around $100 USD, cartridges are fine, one staunchion is fine, lowers are cracked, bushings and seals perfect. Can't be arsed spending the same amount on a set of lowers as I can buy a set of 'Rado's for. Wall hanging? Beater/dam jump bike? FrankenFork?

Fly

Monkey
Sep 17, 2005
Thats a good idea. I was thinking along the lines of a dampened cupboard/fridge/bedroom door. Never slam again.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
send it back and let marzocchi take the hit for the parts, and you get a totally rebuilt warrentied fork. that is just what i would do.

if you dont want to do that lightstand would be pimp just get us pics.:cheers:

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
Your broken 888's?

I have a set that I picked up for around $100 USD, cartridges are fine, one staunchion is fine, lowers are cracked, bushings and seals perfect. Can't be arsed spending the same amount on a set of lowers as I can buy a set of 'Rado's for. Wall hanging? Beater/dam jump bike? FrankenFork?
Sell it to me! No seriously. My lake jumper needs a new fork!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
you do relize that all you have to do is send that fork to marzocchi and they will warrenty it right. i mean what could it hurt its free.
Don't be a jackass.

I'd do exactly what kidwoo suggested with it... sell it as a spare parts fork. Don't sell it to him, though, you don't want him having your personal information.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Don't be a jackass.
Don't sell it to him, though, you don't want him having your personal information.
I conduct business through agent who arrange for shipping item of interest if this is final price on <mountainbike suspension fork>. If you would so kind ship <mountianbike suspension fork> I write check to you for 5,000 dollars in which time you return to me money which is owed subtract cost for <mountianbike suspension fork> balance due.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
I conduct business through agent who arrange for shipping item of interest if this is final price on <mountainbike suspension fork>. If you would so kind ship <mountianbike suspension fork> I write check to you for 5,000 dollars in which time you return to me money which is owed subtract cost for <mountianbike suspension fork> balance due.
oh so yoru the jackass that snet me that email about my m3 yesterday? :banana: :D

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
originally posted by binary visions
Don't be a jackass.
woah deffinatly wasnt trying to be a jack ass man. was just giving my suggestion on what i would do with the fork. to me it is a disgrace to turn a 888 into a light ficture or a pogo stick. why not get your moneys worth by sending it to marzocchi to get new components for it and you have a new working fork. so sorry if you took it as me being a jackass.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
woah deffinatly wasnt trying to be a jack ass man. was just giving my suggestion on what i would do with the fork. to me it is a disgrace to turn a 888 into a light ficture or a pogo stick. why not get your moneys worth by sending it to marzocchi to get new components for it and you have a new working fork. so sorry if you took it as me being a jackass.
Marzocchi won't just give him new lowers and send it back for free. He isn't the original owner. And even if he was the original owner they would still charge him for parts. This isn't Sram we're talking about here.

Fly

Monkey
Sep 17, 2005
Marzocchi won't just give him new lowers and send it back for free. He isn't the original owner. And even if he was the original owner they would still charge him for parts. This isn't Sram we're talking about here.

Agreed.

It just doesn't sit well with me letting the company take a hit for something that may well have been abused by the previous owner. It may not have been a manufacturing fault.

Annnd, yeah, by 'Rado, I meant Dorado. Who could ignore that sexy carbon bling? Hmmm? No 888 (excluding Bullcrew's, perhaps) is ever going to look as good as the Dorito.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
ahh well im just telling you what i would do. zocchi is excellent about taking care of there customers or IMO. so whatever you do with it man gets some pics of the thing cause i really want to see the finished product.

Fly

Monkey
Sep 17, 2005
888 lowers are 100 with seal and bushings
Really? I was quoted $400 AUD (~$310 USD) for lowers minus seals/bushings etc.

This is Australia though, and we pay through the teeth for everything. Fvcking importers. Anyone link me to somewhere I can buy a set of lowers? (will email Zocchi)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
woah deffinatly wasnt trying to be a jack ass man. was just giving my suggestion on what i would do with the fork.
Trying to get a warranty for a 2nd hand, cracked fork you bought is being a jackass.

He neither deserves nor is entitled to a warranty and doing so, if Marzocchi were to warranty it for him, is money out of their pocket.

Fly

Monkey
Sep 17, 2005
He neither deserves nor is entitled to a warranty and doing so, if Marzocchi were to warranty it for him, is money out of their pocket.
But who cares! They're a huge corporate conglomerate thats killing our men and raping our women! They're stealing our grain and setting fire to our barns, hell, they deserve a bit of retribution, they make too much money anyway.

[/tongue in cheek]