Quantcast

What bike should i get

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
I have been saveing up for a bike for the whole summer and now its time to get a bike i dont know what to get.

I urbin, dirt, jump, and freeride what i can do to have fun!!!:confused:

huckleberry

Chimp
Jan 24, 2003
i'm not sure if the cowan comes as a complete bike. i think just frame. go with the canondale Chase. i think it's right around a grand and if it's good enough for chase it's good enough for you

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
im sorry i forgot to say i will have around 600 when i get the bike and im 5.6 all the cannondal bikes i have seen are to big for me, but i could be wrong.
:monkey:

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
Originally posted by huckleberry
i'm not sure if the cowan comes as a complete bike. i think just frame. go with the canondale Chase. i think it's right around a grand and if it's good enough for chase it's good enough for you
the chase besides the frame isnt at all what he actually rides. It doesnt have a single part on it that he uses.

huckleberry

Chimp
Jan 24, 2003
seeing how depending on what event he's in he sets his bike up differently. i'm sure there's one or two parts on it he uses.

greenreese

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
why not continue saving until the spring? You can't ride too much now anyways.

The chase looks nice. The rigid new Banshee looks pretty sweet and for only $900.

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
I'm also 14-15 and have a paper route of my source of money i cant get 900 untill i have a better job because it would take me 4 month and i cant wait i need a mountain bike, oh i have been BMX for a year or two you might sya i should bmx some more but i have had enough of the pain in my wrist!!!!!!!:eek: :confused: :D :( :mad: :dead: :confused: :monkey: :angry: :eek: ;) :( :p :rolleyes: :mad: :confused:

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
Yeah too bad it's so hard to find a DMR dealer, and that is if there are any in the US. I would get something like a DMR Sidekick or if you want the 24"wheel experience go for a DMR Rhythm. I guess for the money though try and find a Specialized P-Street or a used Norco 250. Go steel, you'll be glad you did.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Originally posted by huckleberry
seeing how depending on what event he's in he sets his bike up differently. i'm sure there's one or two parts on it he uses.
The bottom bracket and headset maybe? :D

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Hey crashedupderby,

I was looking at a P(1,2,3) - Pretty nice, but don't you find you hit your feet on the front wheel? The gap between the pedal and the front wheel looks so small! Have you ever had this?

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
Originally posted by Changleen
The bottom bracket and headset maybe? :D

he rides profiles so not the bb and last i saw he was riding on the cancreek 1.5 conversion headset.

he rides sic bar and stem, profiles, sherman jumper, a bmx seat, Xt disc brakes, e13 STS, maxxis tires, and a durace drivetrain. None of wich are on his signature bike.

THOR12STONE

Chimp
Dec 7, 2003
dallas, TX
I have a 04' p1 completely custom that I have been riding in the parks and djing....cool ride w/ just a few setbacks

1. the stock front fork will break....it's a suntour fork w/ marz stickers...basically a pos I replaced mine with a marz djII
2. the disc only option does not allow you to do singlespeed very well...the chainstay is too big for a kore chain reactor and so hard to maintain chain tension w/o making the rotor hit awkard

otherwise I love the bike....besides the local bmx'ers dig seeing that thing in the big vert ramp....

all that to say.......I recently have gone back to a 20" and I am quickly becoming a convert...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i love my P1 but the foot thing is a draw back. it does hit. but for 500 bones plus another 100 bones for an avid mechanical for the front you cant go wrong. as for the single speed, i have only had to adjust my chain once in 9 months. i think that the fork is crappy to but i still have mine on there and it is still going strong although it is making some strange noises.

THOR12STONE

Chimp
Dec 7, 2003
dallas, TX
good luck with the fork when it breaks specialized nor marz will warranty it.......mine broke and all the will offer is a crash replacement...after just 1 month of riding

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Well bro (yes he is my bro in RL) - I second the vote on the transition.... and yea wait till spring to buy, you will have more money which means more options. :D

And oh yea you are a poser for using bullit in you name......

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
Yeah sounds good but what the heak im not a pozer im rider i just though it would be funny to have bullit in my name hehe.:confused: