Quantcast

Wet Scream

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Why did Maxxis stop selling the Wet Scream in North America?

It is great tire for multi-purpose use and can sometimes be a better choice than the Swampthing. By the way they stopped making/selling the 2.35 Swampthing too! I have a few sets of those still, that is a kick ass tire for mud of course but is also excels well in soft loamy $hit.

Another thing about the wet scream and maxxis. Maxxis sponsors Sam Hill's team, Sam Hill uses Wet Screams for a lot of races, little groms with rich parents love Sam Hill and want to be him, fanboys love sam hill and want to be him. If Maxxis Sold that tire in the North American market wouldn't a ton of people buy the tire? even id they never rode in mud?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My understanding (which could be incorrect) is that they ceased retailing them in the US for environmental concerns - the tread pattern / knob depth really does a doozy on a trail. Rips it up moreso than most tires.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My understanding (which could be incorrect) is that they ceased retailing them in the US for environmental concerns - the tread pattern / knob depth really does a doozy on a trail. Rips it up moreso than most tires.
Got that one. Rep going to you ;)

BTW. Maybe check Chainreaction if they ship to us. They have all kinds of wetscreams. Just got my pair of UST 42a 2.5'' ;)

zspecial

Chimp
Jul 2, 2004
Since when do Americans care about their environmental impact?