Quantcast

Weekend in the Andes

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
its the middle of the summer heat. blazing hot and humid.
on saturday, i went for a 500km drive up the andes... got caught by a snowstorm at a 16000ft high mountain pass, less than 60miles away from the scorching hot summer...
its cool to go from sea level and 85deg weather to 20 deg snowstorm, icy roads in less than 60 miles...

train, going up

lake up there

mountain road

mountain dirt road where i played dakar for 10 miles...

oh noes!, storm

hells yeah! snow near the equator during the summer.

snowstorm and icy roads

i drove back to lima at 11pm on saturday night. sunday morning, i went back up for a bike ride.

beautiful weather after the rain

getting ready

the trailhead. its 8 miles of technical singletrack down that brown little singletrack on the left. a good 3500ft down. and then a good 15 miles of really fast dirt roads.

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
video from the singletrack.... muddy, but good grip overall.
me in the red backpack, my friend rafael in the blue backpack and carlos with the helmet cam.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
video works for me.

that's a fvcking goat path.

waiting for my sphincter to unclench.

Pete..

Monkey
Feb 11, 2009
Santa Cruz
I need to go back to Peru. My parents are from Trujillo. Last time I went was in 2001 but my sisters and parents have traveled around multiple times since then. My lady friend is headed to the Peruvian Andes in March and at the end of April. I'm rather jealous. We're planning an epic trip in 2012 down there though. Should be fun!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Holy hell that looks fun!!! I see a couple spots I would probably sh!t myself but that trail looks fun.