Quantcast

Weekend Day 1

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Working on my workbench today. Also going to be opening a new HY savings account because my existing has dropped below 1%. Transferring everything in a hope to try and offset inflation somewhat.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Here. Working on my workbench today. Also going to be opening a new HY savings account because my existing has dropped below 1%. Transferring everything in a hope to try and offset inflation somewhat.
Well my package finally came from Russia so I"m off to the post office.
Congrats. Is she nice?
Stoney hasn't finished his workbench yet if there's assembly required.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I feel like I got beat up. Neck is stiff, lower back is tight right calf is crampy. too many wheelchair transports of large folk yesterday. I was going to go for a ride, still might if the coffee and Ibuprofen do their job.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
When you’re up a 5 a beer at 10 seems appropriate. It certainly is delicious.

Already loaded a shitload of PT decking onto the truck to take back to MA. There’s a huge shortage nationwide and I just happened past the yard close to camp and lucked out as a truck was rolling in. Bought most of it and my trucks resting on the bumpstops. I expect negative MPG on trip home if the rack doesn’t collapse first.

Wrestled old wood stove out, installed new washer/dryer and still need to get new fridge out of driveway.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stoney hasn't finished his workbench yet if there's assembly required.
Gotta cut the wood first and I just got it yesterday... It will take me a few days for sure. It's not a simple bench by any means.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Maiden voyage. Everything was awesome until landing a little kicker caused another shock blow off. Clearly some more work with oil levels and pressures needs to be done. But prior to that this thing felt awesome.

IMG_20200725_104114128_copy_567x1008.jpg

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
The girls get back today. Peace & quiet has been nice.
Hitting the road in August for a bit, gonna fish the AR from Leadville to Salida and camp for a week, spend some time in Crestone getting my chakras in check, then off to the Gunnison River area to slay more trouts, then back home.
Last hurah of my Fun-employment which my surgery fucked up. >.<

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Emotional wife is emotional because her mother is starting the drive back to Seattle tomorrow.

I got some actual academic work done creating an abstract for a meeting (on my ongoing contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography project), and then was enlisted to help said wife to finish assembling little desks for the elder kids, because remote learning will be a thing

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
17 miles / 3.5 hours of classic PA xc singletrack (for better or worse). It was a good 15 degrees cooler up in the highlands. Time for pool and beer and nothing else.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
Shooting arrows, its dead silent out so I can actually hear the arrows in flight followed by the whump as they hit the target, very cool. one of these days I might buy lighted nocks so I can see the damn things in flight and where they actually hit

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Bought a new Brain Bucket today..Bontrager Rally Wavecell it was time to retire my old one (age)

View attachment 147882View attachment 147883
That's what I bought to replace the Fox helmet I was wearing when I got hit by the old lady 3 weeks ago, except I went OD green. I got a big dome too, so hard to find a helmet that fits. Super happy with it. So far, no bees.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
That's what I bought to replace the Fox helmet I was wearing when I got hit by the old lady 3 weeks ago, except I went OD green. I got a big dome too, so hard to find a helmet that fits. Super happy with it. So far, no bees.
Yeah Large size helmet with a round profile. The Bontragers fit me spot on

I actually went with the "Mango" colored helmet jut to be more visible to cars while riding to and from my local trails

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Looks good. I have always ended up bracing the shit out of all my work benches. My favorite was the one where I out a sheet of plywood beneath the table too so I could fill it with sand
I ended up going with this one: https://www.paoson.com/en/shop-woodworking-plans/95-modular-workbench-mobile-tool-stand-plans.html

I still have the 1/4" and 19/32" (15mm) sheets that need to be cut, but those are all drawer materials - less urgency for those. Once it's built (less drawers), I'll probably build another one (they're modular) and then work on the drawers.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode with a buddy. Upper 80s and near 100% humidity in the woods. Completely soaked with sweat but the ride was awesome.

Now beer and a sandwich with Carolina reaper hot sauce. My head is on fire, feeling alive.