Quantcast

weds gfmt

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Godzilla wasn't available when I bought in 2018, and at the time of purchase there wasn't a single Hemi, crew cab long box 3500 available within a reasonable distance.
it's never too late to repent

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
it's never too late to repent
4 more payments til I own it. I could be convinced to move it after that, likely for a CCSB F250 gas.

However, given current interest rates and inventories it's unlikely. I have no desire for a $59K truck.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
don't need it

tire socks
I had to put the tire socks on the minivan coming through Central City during a storm last year

they worked fine, clearly adding traction over the Nokians already on it

but putting on anything on tires in the middle of a storm bad enough to necessitate them is a huge pain in the ass that I would much rather not repeat, not to mention then being limited to 30 mph etc etc

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Excel question. @mandown I'm trying to aggregate 2-4 lines and I can't figure it out. There is a data point specific to an individual who owns 2-4 lines of data (column A). They then have a value that I need to aggregate (column B; rows 2-4 maybe, it's variable). So I need to aggregate the column B data for the individual identified in column A. Any ideas? And I can't use a macro.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I had to put the tire socks on the minivan coming through Central City during a storm last year

they worked fine, clearly adding traction over the Nokians already on it

but putting on anything on tires in the middle of a storm bad enough to necessitate them is a huge pain in the ass that I would much rather not repeat, not to mention then being limited to 30 mph etc etc
clearly

Excel question. @mandown I'm trying to aggregate 2-4 lines and I can't figure it out. There is a data point specific to an individual who owns 2-4 lines of data (column A). They then have a value that I need to aggregate (column B; rows 2-4 maybe, it's variable). So I need to aggregate the column B data for the individual identified in column A. Any ideas? And I can't use a macro.
(whatever)IF, e.g.

=SUMIF(range, criteria, [sum_range])

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I hate doing pivot tables.
there’s always powerquery :)

I think the suggestion for SumIf is the way to go. Create a column with a “rolling total” field and set the if criteria to sum the preceding cumulative value with each row’s individual value based on “if” the identifier matches the row above it.

if identifier in row 2 matches row 1 then sum the values. If not, only bring in the value in row 2. Rinse and repeat.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
there’s always powerquery :)

I think the suggestion for SumIf is the way to go. Create a column with a “rolling total” field and set the if criteria to sum the preceding cumulative value with each row’s individual value based on “if” the identifier matches the row above it.

if identifier in row 2 matches row 1 then sum the values. If not, only bring in the value in row 2. Rinse and repeat.
This assumes the dataset is sorted by identifier. I believe the screenshot jbp posted uses a formula that does a SumIf applied to the entire column of identifiers, meaning ordering/sorting wouldn’t matter.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Your loss. Pivot tables and charts fucking rule. Best way to easily deal with large data sets.
I also need something simple enough that I can pass along the instructions to the rest of my team. JBP got me sorted out in a dummy proof way.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I like my Godzilla, definitely cheaper than the diesel options
and when that's rated to bumper tow/5th wheel/gooseneck a solid 20k you're truly set unless you're trying to start your own car hauling business or the like

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I hate doing pivot tables.
Your loss. Pivot tables and charts fucking rule. Best way to easily deal with large data sets.
You no longer need to bang your head with Pivot tables.

Try Xlookup :)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

How is it different from VLOOKUP?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I'd happily swap for a Godzilla equipped truck. I'd be sad to lose the exhaust brake, but so be it.
I won’t own another tier 2 or higher diesel again I’m afraid, owned them all and they all had the recipes to make them bulletproof but the EPA has pretty much shut all of that down to the point of no return. Thus far the Godzilla has been to be cheaper on fuel, maintenance and is exempt to EPA’s reach as of now.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
how long will the entire audit last? internal or external?
It's external and I don't even know when it actually starts or how long it lasts. We're a heavily regulated industry and are constantly under various audits. They are all just blurred together to me. I'll get requests with due dates, I'll respond, rinse, repeat.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I won’t own another tier 2 or higher diesel again I’m afraid, owned them all and they all had the recipes to make them bulletproof but the EPA has pretty much shut all of that down to the point of no return. Thus far the Godzilla has been to be cheaper on fuel, maintenance and is exempt to EPA’s reach as of now.
That's my biggest concern long term. DEF and fuel filters are NBD, more expensive than a gasser sure but not prohibitively so. It's the EGR cooler, DPF, and SCR systems that are all big ticket items cost wise, nevermind finding a tech with the knowledge to work on them.

There's a good reason a lot of fleets have switched over to gas. Diesel engines may in theory have a longevity benefit, the systems required to meet today's emissions standards not so much.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's external and I don't even know when it actually starts or how long it lasts. We're a heavily regulated industry and are constantly under various audits. They are all just blurred together to me. I'll get requests with due dates, I'll respond, rinse, repeat.
same as me. our audits are usually a weeklong. multiple times a year from various notified bodies.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's a frozen tundra outside and the wife thinks Abbey will shit in the house. She has gone outside, but her dog has not and we know how full of shit he is.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Forgot about that. Good call. But can you sum values in multiple rows or only retrieve a single value?

Edit - won't work for the requested project.
Syntax
The XLOOKUP function searches a range or an array, and then returns the item corresponding to the first match it finds. If no match exists, then XLOOKUP can return the closest (approximate) match.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
How is it different from VLOOKUP?
  1. XLOOKUP can look for values to the left and right of the lookup array, while VLOOKUP is limited to only looking for values to the right of the lookup value column.
  2. XLOOKUP allows you to customize text when a valid match is not found, while VLOOKUP only shows you an #N/A (error sign).
  3. XLOOKUP allows you to specify a search mode (such as starting to look from the top or the bottom of a table) while VLOOKUP can only start looking for values from the top.