Quantcast

~~Wednesday Morning! Pics?~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What's up, monkey population? It's a dreary day in this neck of the woods. Rain, rain and more rain. I did manage to get our dinner grilled last night just before it started to rain. No riding last night, but I did get to the gym for weights and cardio. MBC and I have decided to ditch work Friday. What to do, what to do?

We got a call last night from MBC's cousin Rachel. Her husband Keith (some of you NE monkeys know and have ridden with him) done crashed on his road bike. He was going 25 and hit a rock. His helmet shattered...concussion, broken collar bone, broken ribs, out 6-8 weeks. Pisser. Poor bastard. :( I suppose it could have been worse.

Edit: I just heard it was worse: Nasty road rash from shoulder to ankle.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
tuesday?

sorry to hear of keith's header. ouch.

played a bit of catch w/ miles last night after dinner, as the rain held off. finished the Mammatus photos. need to get the AMT shots done tonight, and finish writing two reviews.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ow, ouch - that sucks, heal up quick keith!

talk about ouch, last nights group road ride hurt!
take a pretty quick pace, add in 3200 ft in 37 miles = doug was suffering!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Sorta big bike related things afoot today for me but I'm saving that for a thread tonight. (So I can have pics).

Good ride last night. Fitness is coming along pretty well for the 12 hour race in 3 weeks.

NJ Jess

Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
mtbnj.com
here in coastal NJ. Glad I rode yesterday. Maybe a road ride if I can slip it in between the rain drops. Still getting stuff ready for Duryea DH this weekend.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It seems I put off visiting my grandfather to long.....

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning.

No pics yet, but worked on my Sinister R9 build pretty much straight from 10:00 am to 8:30 pm...It turned out great in the end, but it took a lot of finagling and running back and forth from my haus to the shop and back (40 minute 1 way drive...). Essentially, my E13 stem went missing in the order and there was a serious issue mounting Nevegals onto 2007 DT Swiss 6.1 rims...so I ran home to get my old stem and my backup wheels and more tires - ripped 2 beads! Also, the frame was shipped minus the shock, so Steve Elevate quickly ran to get the team's spare shock. After Elevate Cycles closed, we shot back to Steve's house to finish up. I was also attempting to use a Woodman headlock, which for some reason seized up on us and then snapped in 2 upon tightening. We judiciously then tapped in a star nut (minus the shop tool!) and it all came together. Going to set up the cockpit tonight pre birthing classes and take it out tomorrow for some runs at Spier Falls trails. On my "once around the block" ride, I have to say that the R9 feels amazingly fast and lively, especially for a 9" travel bike. It's like night and day compared to my Stab...and the raw finish makes me want to play industrial music 24/7! Speaking of which...

After the build, I quickly downed a power bar for dinner and went to Valentines to see an old friends' band (from LA) play - Reagan SS (Old dudes playing full on hc) ! Total Fury from Japan was also playing but I went belly up before their time. - got home by 11 and promptly fell asleep.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!

Kinda feeling good about myself today.......we found a great home for the stray puppy my wife and I have been looking after for the last few weeks. When she showed up at our house, we knew we couldn't keep her permanantly, but knew we also didn't have the heart to take her to the pound. We put the word out about her and within three weeks, she had a home. Woot.

Not too much to report today......we're on day 2 of 90-degree temps without A/C. Found out yesterday that the compressor was shot -- just barely a year into its existence. Fortunately, it was still covered under warranty, so I'll just get charged for labor. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The cruddy part, is that when the new compressor gets installed later this week, the temps will have moderated back down into the 70's. :bonk:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! Quiet evening. Not much to report. Planning on riding tomorrow after work (prob. not at Spier though Jim). That's about it I guess. Crane was at my house this morning to lift the roof trusses being installed today. I'll try to get some more pics up tomorrow.

Happy humpday y'all!

P.S. - Bummer about Keith. Hope he heals up quick!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
The sun's shining bright upstate today. How odd...it should be raining.

First day of classes today, with 5 classes for 6 hours today. Should be an easy day. Hopefully I can get out for a road ride after class today.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
was there a specific call out for photos?

i was playing around w/ my extension tubes last night. wait, that didn't come out right.

macro work is kinda neat, though. gotta figure out how to mount my camera + flash bracket to the tripod though.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
We got another 3" of rain yesterday. The trails should be rideable now since all the dirt has probably washed away leaving a giant pile of limestone.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Is tuesday the theme for this mornings photos?

I took a day off from work yesterday and did a long road ride. It was such a beautiful day. Although a bit hot and with no leaves for shade at higher elevation things were on the warm side.

I actually tried to take a picture of this place I rode by yesterday but my batteries were dead. You think they could have come up with a better name.

http://www.flippin-seaman.com/

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Had a good karate class last night. Promoted 5 young'ens to yellow belt. It's my daughter's b-day today. It's raining though so no ride down to feed the ducks and geese. We'll bake some cookies I guess.

I talked to Keith this am. He didn't have to spend the night at the hospital so that's good. A few broken bones and road rash from his shoulder to his ankle. The broken collar bone is on his right side - he's right handed AND a carpenter - so the next 6-8 weeks will really suck :(

He was on Rte 9 between Wilmington and Bennington when it happened so he's just lucky there were no trucks or anything driving by at the time!

He's sore but on the mend - thanks all!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning all! Quiet evening. Not much to report. Planning on riding tomorrow after work (prob. not at Spier though Jim). That's about it I guess. Crane was at my house this morning to lift the roof trusses being installed today. I'll try to get some more pics up tomorrow.QUOTE]

A little birdie told me that you might have an interest in attending the Duryea race with us this weekend? We have room for 1 more!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
well that's likely not good news. sorry to hear that, steve.
Yeah...... you get old, you die. Enjoy life while your breathing I guess.

The verbal abuse from my relatives in Phillie will lighten the mood this weekend.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning all!

Sorry to hear about the fellow with road rash. UHG. My latest pics are on my blog - they are of the Mt. Hood area from Sunday.

Have a good one everyone!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Quiet evening. Not much to report. Planning on riding tomorrow after work (prob. not at Spier though Jim). That's about it I guess. Crane was at my house this morning to lift the roof trusses being installed today. I'll try to get some more pics up tomorrow.

Happy humpday y'all!

P.S. - Bummer about Keith. Hope he heals up quick!!
Where you planning on riding???

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all (barely). Today has been crazy at school....no free time whatsoever!!! I am dragging today...couldn't stay asleep last night and I am definitely paying the price for 3-4 hours of sleep now.

IAB & MBC - YIKES that stretch of road is beautiful and he's definitely lucky there weren't any trucks (as there usually are)!!!! Please give Keith our best!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Good morning. Went to court today for a ticket. Didn't really get much out of it. Oh well, it's only money.

Last night was fun. Went to a meeting at my local high school last night about a sign for the school (which I very much oppose). I did my usual- say nothing, listen to all and then let it all out at the end. I believe I said "I'd rather they burned the money than spent it on this."

Then I drank a bottle of wine or so and shot some pool with a buddy.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Did you have a time in mind and would you like company? I might be able to sneak out for a short rip.
Well, I get out of work at 4pm, so anytime after 4:15 or so works. The earlier the better for me. Let me know... I would love some compnay! :)

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Afternoon monkeys!

Up at the butt-crack of dawn to get to Greenwich, CT, and now I'm sitting in Greenwich, pirating me some bandwidth. Went on the NEMBA skills ride in Trumbull, CT last night. Got a few pics, haven't downloaded them yet, may get to it tonight.

I'm watching a blaster shake the sh!t out of a house. Shooting within 45' of the house, and he's going to get closer. The Fire Marshal showed up yesterday just as he shot a 3.25 in/sec. Limit on houses is 2.0 in/sec. The seismograph had been reading high all day, so I brought a different one and it reads .2 in/sec lower than the one I used yesterday.

Sucks for Keith, hope he gets well soon.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
morning, all. been a while since i've been over here.

new with me? (as if anyone remembers who the he!! I am) married for over a year, kiddo on the way (little girl due aug 17), spankin' new seven duo 29er sitting in the garage.

ah, life is good.

edit: where'd my post count go?