Quantcast

Wed 314159 deW

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At work early to deal with this machine and the builder in Germany who wants to connect with it. This particular company has been nothing but a headache and refuses to cooperate with how we allow connections to be made... I think they got the hint from the last email I sent.

We have 4-6 inches of heavy wet snow here. Looks like the plow trucks haven't been out for hours, the main roads might as well be covered in grease.

And I totally forgot my helmet for tonights social ride. Oh well, I'll just go home and grab it and ride local. Or just go home, stay warm and enjoy a beer.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Yesterday's palmer/section 16 ride was great success. Lots of people out though. Still, should be able to break an hour if I keep my coward prongs off the brake levers just a bit more. Really digging the rid egg in "crush" mode. Want to go back with the hard tail just to see how it goes now.

RIDE MOAR BIKES!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello and congrats to everyone on making to another Wednesday. I swam 2400 yards this morning, I've got a load of laundry going, and I am on coffee #2. This day has been way too productive already. But alas, I have meetings from 10:00 right on through 4:30 FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Spent over an hour lining up table saw to workbench to get them level so I have an outfeed table. I left a bit of a gap so I can handle larger sheets, and it's too large. Back to levelling again.

Started working on a new jig last night as well. MDF sucks to cut because it's so dusty.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
House hunting has made me realize how many homes have exterior doors on upper floors that lead out to nothing. Why is this? Deck that never got built? Funny joke to play on friends?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Won't guess at why, but it'd be a better exit in the event of a first floor fire than crawling out a window.
This sounds reasonable.

the ones that go to like, a 6" balcony?
No balcony. Not even a ledger board. Just 20' of open air to a compound leg fracture.

so you can just step out during historically deep blizzard snowfall instead of digging your way out
This also sounds reasonable.

This sounds reasonable.

No balcony. Not even a ledger board. Just 20' of open air to a compound leg fracture.

This also sounds reasonable.
When I was in high school, we lived in a two story house, and I chose to sleep in the attic. I used to bail to wander around outside by hanging from the attic window sill, then letting go and dropping to the ground. No compound leg fractures or other injuries during that period.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
When I was in high school, we lived in a two story house, and I chose to sleep in the attic. I used to bail to wander around outside by hanging from the attic window sill, then letting go and dropping to the ground. No compound leg fractures or other injuries during that period.
Wind resistance against the stache slowed down your fall?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
what are they eating for lunch?
the finest wagyu no doubt

I am at work. Got logged in around 10 AM after doing a nice hour ride on Le Peloton for my challenge. Having schedule flexibility (on some days) pleases me.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
second fatbike ride of the season. Can't wait for more snow coverage, roots and rocks of le full rigid = no bueno.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I worked at Merck the only employees who were randomly drug tested were the sales reps. Too many historical "incidents" with doctors.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
When I worked at Merck
I almost took a job in Rahway NJ way back outta college there.

There were straight up monkey labs in the hallways. Couldn't do it. Everyone there had a 'plz halp' demeanor about them when I asked about work environment in the development labs I was looking at.

they were telling me about a cardiovascular drug they'd been working on that they discovered grew hair. That became propecia a few months later. Turns out the cardiovascular components were significant after all!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I almost took a job in Rahway NJ way back outta college there.

There were straight up monkey labs in the hallways. Couldn't do it. Everyone there had a 'plz halp' demeanor about them when I asked about work environment in the development labs I was looking at.

they were telling me about a cardiovascular drug they'd been working on that they discovered grew hair. That became propecia a few months later. Turns out the cardiovascular components were significant after all!
I will say this. Merck was the best run company I worked for both in regards to execution and treatment of employees. They have %100 funded several vaccine programs to irradiate certain diseases in Africa. I am sure share holders will never ever allow that to happen again but it is a nice bit of history. I consider leaving that place as a mistake.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I will say this. Merck was the best run company I worked for both in regards to execution and treatment of employees. They have %100 funded several vaccine programs to irradiate certain diseases in Africa. I am sure share holders will never ever allow that to happen again but it is a nice bit of history. I consider leaving that place as a mistake.
someone i used to work with is currently at merck (or used to work there?), what i heard from his is a much different story. that was a location here in PA, so that may be a factor.