Quantcast

WB 1.8 to 2.0 comp upgrade

the webbster

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
Trondheim, Norway
There was a discussion about this a while ago, as I was waiting for my fork to arrive at the White Brothers factory from Europe. I wasn't real happy with the feel of my DH1.8, it had a clunk about 2/3rds the way down and was real soft.

They explained that the clunk was an anti-bottom spring that was real stiff and removed it for me, plus adjusted the spring rates the whole way through.

Anyways, back to my original topic, after a tip from one of you monkeys (kidwoo?) I asked about upgrading the compression internals to the 2.0 ones. turns out they do it, replacing the whole 'drop-out' on the right side with the 2.0 one, for a modest fee...

My fork came back with the best of both worlds, shorter, lighter and stiffer than the 2.0, less travel (200mm is too much) and the dope internals.

I don't have a whole lot to compare it to, but the fork has been insane right from the get-go. a quarter turn with your fingernail on the adjusters changes the ride noticably and the increasing the air pressure from 90 to 120psi helped it ramp up considerably and cured a bottom-out issue I had on some courses.

I would have come back with this sooner, but I've been busy riding! can't say enough good stuff about the fork and the service I got from WB. they knew I was stressing to get to a race and turned the fork around within the day.

stoked.
jw

Attachments