Quantcast
  1. XenForo is here. Problems or comments on the new site? Please report them.
  2. New stuff: Our new Classifieds have launched. Check them out!
  3. New stuff: You can now tag users in posts using the @ symbol, and they'll get a notification that they've been mentioned. Try it out.

Waynesboro, PA Public Bike Park

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by craftbrewed, Oct 14, 2011.

1. craftbrewed New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    There are currently talks with Washington Township to develop a public bike park in the Pine Hill Recreational Area near Waynesboro, PA. Link to Pine Hill: http://www.washtwp-franklin.org/content/view/105/133/ The plan thus far is to hire Lee McCormack for the design work and then construction to happen in the spring. Right now the township supervisors need to see that there is enough interest to justify the investment. The next township meeting is November 2nd and we need riders from the area to come and show there interest. The park is going to may include a flow track, pump track and dirt jumps with different levels of difficulties depending on the layout. There is a facebook page if you'd like to follow more closely, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pine-Hill-Bike-Park/152593264800502?sk=friendactivity. Waynesboro, PA is located along route 16 just northeast of Hagerstown, MD. Hope to see some of you there.
  2. craftbrewed New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    The township has approved the design phase of the bike park. Hopefully with ground breaking in the early spring.
  3. EastCoaster New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Bump. Things still on track? Sounds like a GREAT project.
  4. dirtygirlmagnet New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Holy ****! I lived there for 22 years, and now there's a bike park on the way???
  5. craftbrewed New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Didn't realize anyone had commented on this but things are moving forward. Lee has provided the committee with a preliminary design and we returned it with our comments. He is currently finalizing the plans. I will try to post some pictures once we get them.
  6. SLOPE Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    Updates!!
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  7. craftbrewed New Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
    I have been out of the loop lately on this but I've heard rumors of the township receiving money towards this project. They also have been stockpiling soil on site. There was a small group last fall that started to lay out the project but the design was not going to work with the topography. They paid a consultant to look at the site and design. He made a few suggestions to make it work. I think right now the lack of local interest is holding up the project, no one is stepping up to take charge.
  8. SLOPE Member

Rep  |  Likes:
    0   |   0
  9. jonKranked Press Button, Receive Stupid

Rep  |  Likes:
    28   |   34
    waynesboro isn't exactly local to me(i live near KOP), but if the park comes to fruition i'd certainly make a trip out