Quantcast

Waterfall Sequence (pics included)

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
merrrrjig said:
that place looks way sick!
-----------
If you have a decent DH bike with good brakes & HA, it's not bad because you can go slow, or rail it fast.
Be able to do 5' drops no problem left/right/slow/fast,etc & you'll have a blast there.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Hey....where's the part where you lawndart and land on your head????..oh...that's me that usually does that :thumb: .That's some of the best pics i've seen of that section.By the way Doug the search is still on for a DH9 but they all seem to be smalls :mumble:

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
T-Pirate said:
I definitely want to ride and shoot there sometime soon. I hope I don't die though. It looks fun.
It owned me last year. It was horrible. I hope to make it back this year.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Metal said:
How far is Windrock from Snowshoe? I definitely want to ride that place sometime. Ben also offered me to come down and ride your trails.
Are all of the trails around there rocky. I love terrain like that.
yeah..and Pisgah in NC is like the backside of Snowshoe with less rocks..but just as many roots.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
bizutch said:
yeah..and Pisgah in NC is like the backside of Snowshoe with less rocks..but just as many roots.
Wait...are you trying to keep people off your trails or invite them? :nuts:

Anyway, Metal...Windrock is right of I40 just west of Knoxville about 6-7hrs from Snowshoe. Its certainly on the way if you're traveling out I40. Most of the trails are super rocky. A new trail put in this year is solid rocks for almost a mile. After a run through it your hands sting from the punishment. Oh its so good. There was talk of race there the weekend before Snowshoe at one time. But if you can swing it anyone should stop by and check them out. The trail system was originally built as a practice for the old Snowshoe National course.

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Braaappphhh. Looks sick, If you scroll thru the pics fast, it looks like a movie. Heh

Not really.

But. Awesomeness. I cant wait for the knee to be working again... I hear their might be racing there this season??

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Curb Hucker said:
What are the race dates for windrock, from the pictures I'm thinking another roadtrip is in order :) Jesse and Will can Rob, Andy, and I mooch off of you two again ;)
Mooch anytime you want. I'd love to hit up a Windrock race.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
profro said:
Wait...are you trying to keep people off your trails or invite them? :nuts:

Anyway, Metal...Windrock is right of I40 just west of Knoxville about 6-7hrs from Snowshoe. Its certainly on the way if you're traveling out I40. Most of the trails are super rocky. A new trail put in this year is solid rocks for almost a mile. After a run through it your hands sting from the punishment. Oh its so good. There was talk of race there the weekend before Snowshoe at one time. But if you can swing it anyone should stop by and check them out. The trail system was originally built as a practice for the old Snowshoe National course.
i have my reasons for this invite. :oink:

SinatorJ

Monkey
Jul 9, 2002
AZ
I guess that I need to make a fall tip out this year. You guys up for the GA game and a little shred?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Are you guys crazy? Race and ride or football and ride.... In October its got to be football (i.e. drinking) and ride.