Quantcast

WANTED in Portland / SW WA: Hardtail XC Frame (nice) and a hardtail XC/DJ frame (old)

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Hey all... I can move this to a different location if desired, but I figured it would get more traffic here than in the buy/sell, and I'd like to get a frame locally. You help me, I help you...

1) I recently cracked my XC frame. I'm looking for a LARGE (or maybe medium, if it runs big) XC frame. Hardtail only. Will consider steel or alu, but am NOT looking for an oversized DJ frame... this one needs to be XC specific. I would consider a hardtail AM frame, like a Surly Instigator, On-One 456, etc. Budget will vary depending on quality, but I can get a pretty kick ass hardtail XC frame brand new for about $500, so keep that in mind when pricing the used frame.

2) I have a metric crap ton of old bike parts, wheels, forks, etc., that are just taking up space. I'd like to find a beater frame or two on which to mount them up for a quicker sale, or just to have an extra play bike around. I'm not that picky as to frame make or model, just needs to be in reasonable shape, have a 1 1/8th headtube (or include reducer cups), and be a medium or large. I don't think I'll be able to move a small frame that quickly, and it certainly won't fit me.

EDIT: I'm really looking to spend $100 or less for the beater frame(s), as I'm just using them as a vehicle to sell spare parts.

Let me know what you have, either by posting here or shooting me an email (sam.littlefield {a_t} gmail {dot} c_o_m.

Thanks!!!