Quantcast

Want to know why Aussies are so fast?

top_dog

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
Australia
Because we ride gnarcore tracks with sketchy blown out corners. Just getting up to the top of the hill is hard enough. Pushing Toyota Landcruisers up hills is hard work:D (when the rain started there is no traction for the 4WD's).

This vid is of the Kenilworth DH Classic in QLD. $1000 elite purse and heaps good prizes all round. The track was really hard with heaps and heaps of hairpins and a 30ft gap etc...

I am the one titled Geezer, if you care.

The kid who won U/19's on the bright green V10 is only 14. How fast is he going to be when he goes to world in 4 years.:D

Quality of vid is bad, but have dialup. Enjoy

http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/mountainbike/kworthlow.wmv

benno

Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
digger said:
I would agree, it is a great vid! However, if you think you aussies are fast all you really need are a couple of USA beginning racers to run that course and then you would see fast! :D:
Yeah, or even 'your' 'american' world cup team.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
digger said:
I would agree, it is a great vid! However, if you think you aussies are fast all you really need are a couple of USA beginning racers to run that course and then you would see fast! :D:
Yeah! I mean, look at how the Americans are just dominating the World cup right now! ussie's stink!

By stink, I mean they kick the crap out of any North American. Bring back Myles and Tomac!

elRey

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, I read it. It was actually surprisingly not half bad. I like Decline. It's just a pain in the neck trying to read most of the articles, it's weird how they think pro mtn bikers are good at writing. They should stick to riding there bikes IMO.

LaharDesign

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
Oh come on!
australia is a big fat and lazy country compared to NZ.
Kiwis are going to cream the ockers at the worlds, especially u19 oceania champ frodo.

Shepherdwong

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Probably built strong from fighting off the scariest creature in the world, the Sydney Funnel Web Spider!
:sneaky:

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
LaharDesign said:
Oh come on!
australia is a big fat and lazy country compared to NZ.
Kiwis are going to cream the ockers at the worlds, especially u19 oceania champ frodo.

haaahaha. Time will tell mate, time will tell :)

My bet is on Hill FTW, and either Bell or Bain (or maybe Maltman if he doesn't crash) for the 19s. And like hell you've got anyone to go head to head with Tracey Hannah :)

benno

Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
thaflyinfatman said:
(or maybe Maltman if he doesn't crash)
He's a quick little farker, but yeah, he just doesn't have the consistency ATM. Give him a few years though. Or Rhys, wait till he's 18....

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
benno said:
He's a quick little farker, but yeah, he just doesn't have the consistency ATM. Give him a few years though. Or Rhys, wait till he's 18....
Just wait til next year... Patton and Sam Ward, #1 and #2.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Yep,

U.S. doesn't have much in terms of racers, but then again, look at all the support we have from our country....point proven.

benno

Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
rockymt21 said:
Yep,

U.S. doesn't have much in terms of racers, but then again, look at all the support we have from our country....point proven.
Have a glass of harden up ya fairy. :eviltongu

Support? There are NO legal, public downhill tracks in South East Queensland - home ground of Kovarik, Pokoj, Graves (well he does have a decent public track near his place but that was only built recently) and many other WC level racers. Shuttles at the last race I went to were a bunch of grotty, broken, prehistoric utes. First prize was a maxxis DH tyre. The DH race seen around here is very, very low key.

You guys need to look deeper than "oh, wah, people don't give me things for nothing" to figure out why the country than invented mountain biking has bugger all impact on the international DH scene.

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
thaflyinfatman said:
haaahaha. Time will tell mate, time will tell :)

My bet is on Hill FTW, and either Bell or Bain (or maybe Maltman if he doesn't crash) for the 19s. And like hell you've got anyone to go head to head with Tracey Hannah :)
Check this years international results, Cole is gonna clean up the juniors and if he doesn't Sam Blenkinsop will :)

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
benno said:
Have a glass of harden up ya fairy. :eviltongu

Support? There are NO legal, public downhill tracks in South East Queensland - home ground of Kovarik, Pokoj, Graves (well he does have a decent public track near his place but that was only built recently) and many other WC level racers. Shuttles at the last race I went to were a bunch of grotty, broken, prehistoric utes. First prize was a maxxis DH tyre. The DH race seen around here is very, very low key.

You guys need to look deeper than "oh, wah, people don't give me things for nothing" to figure out why the country than invented mountain biking has bugger all impact on the international DH scene.
What was pro prize at Aussie Nationals? Norba didn't give squat last year. Im not saying "pitty us" I am sure Australia has got it pretty bad too. But for the amount of money, and sources the US has, we really have no one behind us. The crowd in that video was about as big as the crowd at the Norba Nationals during pro finals at Mt. Snow. Both the US and AUS need more support, but how does it come?:confused: