Quantcast

Vivid Rebuild - Who's done it?

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Anyone one here ever rebuild a vivid? I know there are some youtube instructional vids. How hard is it compared to a Boxxer?

Thanks.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
I just had a look thru the manual and there is an air adapter to recharge it. I'll see if Vorsprung will do a custom tune for me.

Does anyone else do Vivid tuning? I know Push doesn't anymore...

Last edited:

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
I just had a look thru the manual and there is an air adapter to recharge it. I'll see if Vorsprung will do a custom tune for me.

Does anyone else do Vivid tuning? I know Push is doesn't anymore...
We do indeed offer Vivid tuning/servicing - I presume it was you who emailed us about it this morning?

Steve

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Luck for me I had PUSH'd my Vivid R2C in 2011, so they were very cool and serviced, retuned it for me recently.

Do Vorsprung, Garge Works, or the any of the other tuners, have custom pistons and other in house, or aftermarket/upgraded components?

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
I've done one, not too hard, just quite fidely and there's a lot of bits in the rebuild bag. The only annoying bit is getting the dual chamber separation ring out from inside the shock body without scratching the inside surface, though tbh I wouldn't bother replacing it, I can't see why it would ever be worn. Bleeding and pressurising takes no special tools, you just have to take a lot more time and care when compared with a boxxer.

I think you need a 1/2" shaft clamp from memory. Get a proper one designed for clamping delicate shafts (so aluminium, polished, 5/8" thick sort of thing).

Last edited:

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
I sent it off to Vorsprung this weekend for a custom tune and rebuild. I'm not sure on the pistons or aftermarket parts. I really wanted the team issue tune from Push but they pulled the plug before I could send it in.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Vivid is rebuilt with a custom tune and on its way back to me.

I'll be sending all my stuff to Steve from now on. Best service and communication I've had in a long time from someone in the bike industry. The price was very reasonable too.