Quantcast

vivid air

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Has anyone spent anytime on a vivid air?
Any comments on them?
Im looking at a new frame and I get the choice of either air or coil for the same price.

I love the adjustability of my boxxer WC and thought this might be a good option to match it.

I know that performance will not be quite as good as a coil but if its close then i dont mind as the adjustability is really nice to have.
I dont race I just ride for fun.

Last edited:

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
I would go with the vivid air. Its a new shock which has been designed for DH applications. As there are alway a bunch of people who want the latest gear; if you don't like it for some reason you will be able to sell it for the cost of a regular vivid shock.

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Kyle Strait raced the US Nationals with a Vivid Air. To the best of my knowledge he was using it at Champery as well.

Myself and a few of my teammates have been using them on our Commencal Supreme DHs for the past 2 months. 3 of the 4 riders have opted to stay with the Vivid Air over Vivid coil after extensive testing.

I find the shock to be very compliant over small and large bumps alike. It doesn't fade or act funny for me in any way. I really like the ramp at the end of the stroke that it provides. I would recommend this shock to any type of downhill rider.