Quantcast

Viewership of MTB races on-line

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Personally, I don't see how it could be close, as it would seem like choosing between Super G skiing and telemark. Not a knock on endurance disciplines, but there's not much excitement in watching a guy grind up a hill as compared to watching Gwin narrowly avoid becoming a ghost at the bottom of Peaty's Plunge.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I watched (in addition to the DH) both men's and women's XC races at Windham online. They were both awesome and the final lap of the women's race was very dramatic. I'd suggest giving a look next time there is a WC XC race, you might be surprised.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Sure, I can definitely see the "high drama" of watching a finish line sprint, but when I watch guys slogging up hills or even on flats, I want to start reading an Ayn Rand book. I think my natural ADHD predisposes me to axxtion disciplines :thumb:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Interesting that the one race people always complain about, is the one with the highest viewership? Perhaps due to it being the first race and viewers being excited after a long winter?

landcruiser

Monkey
May 9, 2002
San Jose, CA
If you're talking about South Africa, it was only the highest viewership last year. This year, the highest has been Fort Bill for DH and MSA for XC.