Quantcast

VCA urban photos

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
LoL - I love how Cedric effortlessly transitions between English/French/Spanish...

Also - WOW... didn't know they had a team of welders fabricating the jumps and drops!

SEE! THIS is the kind of stuff Freecaster should have included in the Pre-Show, you know? Mix in pre-recorded bits with the quali runs to keep it interesting such as the CG track walk and welder footage. That really emphasizes how much effort was put into the event this year.

Also - the footage at the beginning - was that in town hall with the mayor of Valpo?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Not sure if everyone caught this, but just in case:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/2012-Valparaiso-Cerro-Abajo-video.html

Some great pics by Gunner and awesome vid montage of the race.

The Wall Ride was WAY bigger than I thought.

BTW - Who is the rider in the TLD Blk/Wht Sprint Jersey at the 2:34 mark? He nearly blows up mid-way down the concrete stair section and then somehow reigns it back in - AMAZING save! :thumb:

Gunner - what the hell happened toward the end of the vid? Looks like you got clipped by a rider in the face?

Attachments

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
From what I can recall from the crash:

I was pretty zoomed in, face in the camera so really oblivious to my surroundings. You can hear a 'tink' right as the rider goes out of frame. I assumed he clipped his handlebars on the hand rail, veered right, and plowed me over at full steam. Not sure WHAT hit me (rider or bike), but my camera was SMASHED into my eye, and I was plowed to the ground. Dazed...confused....and a broken shotgun mic later I was somewhat okay and back on the hill filming 10 minutes later and I regained my composure :) Semi-black eye and a huge bruise on my gut..guessing that was a handlebar that got me. 2nd time in my career I've been hit by a rider that went off course...prob not my last.

And for the guy getting LOOSE on the stairs, I'm going to upload that clip in slomo. It's even more impressive when you have time to count each and every "OMG HE'S GONNA DIE!" moment.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Holy Crap, that's pretty hairy. It seems like being a photog is almost like being a sniper in the military - you need a spotter to maintain situational awareness. LoL.

You're lucky you didn't loose any eye or get concussed. Now that I think about it, the film crew for Nitro Circus and Jackass always wore helmets... sounds like a good idea depending on your location... that would crack me up though: Me: "Gunner, are you gearing up to go riding?" Gunner: "Nah, I'm just gonna do some filming." Sorry to hear about the shotgun - THAT had to be expensive. Very glad you're OK though!

YES! Upload that sequence!!! THAT was so nuts. If you look closely, by all accounts he should have gone over the bars or got hung up on the railing but you can see him fighting so hard to use body english to hold it together... a great sequence to have captured from Valpo this year!

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
Holy Crap, that's pretty hairy. It seems like being a photog is almost like being a sniper in the military - you need a spotter to maintain situational awareness. LoL.

You're lucky you didn't loose any eye or get concussed. Now that I think about it, the film crew for Nitro Circus and Jackass always wore helmets... sounds like a good idea depending on your location... that would crack me up though: Me: "Gunner, are you gearing up to go riding?" Gunner: "Nah, I'm just gonna do some filming." Sorry to hear about the shotgun - THAT had to be expensive. Very glad you're OK though!

YES! Upload that sequence!!! THAT was so nuts. If you look closely, by all accounts he should have gone over the bars or got hung up on the railing but you can see him fighting so hard to use body english to hold it together... a great sequence to have captured from Valpo this year!

ha not a bad idea, I def could use a spotter/umbrella girl! Shotgun mic was only $150 so in all accounts not TOO bad. Im super surprised my 7D & lens weren't shattered. Just goes to show how well the high(er) end DSLRs are built.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
Could have been worse, could have used dubstep ;)

But hey, if you feel like chipping in $10k+ for licensing fees id totally be down to re-edit with your song of choice :)
sounds like a fair deal to me! please just transfer $8k as a security deposit to our office in abuja and i'll see what song we'll use, OK? :D