Quantcast

VCA Urban DH 2011 - Video included

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Bigger names this year include Cedric Gracia, Filip Polc, Markolf Bertchold, Chris Van Dine and a few others.

Course preview with Cedric coming up in a few minutes, and then hopefully some photos this afternoon. They are just finishing up the last obstacles on the track now and we are hoping to be able to test them out for a few minutes this evening.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Cedric is just awesome - I love that guy.

A ladies man, smart and funny, but relatively respectful and good natured. So long as our sport has personalities like him actively participating in it, we'll be alright.

... the one-handed manual / bird-flip. Not bad. :D

Fras - when does everything kick off? Nice coverage so far!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I hate to ask, but I gotta ask... those gaps looked crazy, and with no padding. Did they claim anybody or are most riders able to clean them no problems. They made me wince in pain everytime I saw them...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Most of the gaps were good to go. 1 girl had a few issues and ended up in hospital, she just made a mistake though. One guy hit a house. They were super well built this year. Not sketchy at all. Stiff, strong and the proper angles and gaps for your speed. What you have to understand is that you were hauling ass into many of them, think 30-40MPH down an asphalt road. Gotta get the gaps right! Photos coming soon on Transcend, Dirt and Pinkbike.

Did anyone watch the live thing? How did it go? It was 2 guys filming with a webcam on a netbook. Pretty good crowd sourcing if they can turn it up for next year!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Most of the gaps were good to go. 1 girl had a few issues and ended up in hospital, she just made a mistake though. One guy hit a house. They were super well built this year. Not sketchy at all. Stiff, strong and the proper angles and gaps for your speed. What you have to understand is that you were hauling ass into many of them, think 30-40MPH down an asphalt road. Gotta get the gaps right! Photos coming soon on Transcend, Dirt and Pinkbike.

Did anyone watch the live thing? How did it go? It was 2 guys filming with a webcam on a netbook. Pretty good crowd sourcing if they can turn it up for next year!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I tried tuning in via Vital. It said it couldn't connect as the maximum number of viewers had been met? Something like that. Funny thing was the counter said their were only 51 viewers.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I tried tuning in via Vital. It said it couldn't connect as the maximum number of viewers had been met? Something like that. Funny thing was the counter said their were only 51 viewers.
yup. same. too bad. I wanted to see it.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Like I said, it wasn't an official thing, just some random guys from Chile. I think it was a failed experiment from what it sounds, haha.

Dirt recap is up now, and a pinkbike one is going up in a minute with a long interview video. Transcend gallery going up in a few from here in santiago.