Quantcast

Vanilla Knock?!

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Yeah I used to have that. Mine went away once it got broken in. It is a VERY annoying thing, but if you can deal with it, it should go away. Mine only happened when I did certain things, like came down from a manual weird or something like that. I hear adding a bit of oil helps too.

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
what kind of knocking are we talking about? like when the fork compresses or what? My fork sounds like death, sounds like the crown is going to snap, just creaks so bad, any time i break with the front, or hit anything, i hear its normal and nothing to worry about, if your talking someting else i apolagize for my worthless post :D

EDIT: this is a vanilla 125R

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Originally posted by bbmj
what kind of knocking are we talking about? like when the fork compresses or what? My fork sounds like death, sounds like the crown is going to snap, just creaks so bad, any time i break with the front, or hit anything, i hear its normal and nothing to worry about, if your talking someting else i apolagize for my worthless post :D
What fork is this?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
My 125R doesnt so much knock as it does creak. A LOT!. when I break hard in the front, it is not pretty. I keep thinking I am cracking the crown or somthing. It just doesnt sound good.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Superdeft
Mike that sounds like a waranty-able crown issue rather than an internals problem.
A mechanic I know looked at it, and he said its probably just the bushings or somthing inside making the creaking and cracking. The crown shoes no signs of a crack, and until it does, i'm not TOO worried about it.....

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Originally posted by bbmj

EDIT: this is a vanilla 125R

Mine does the same thing i asked fox they said its a normal thing.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Superdeft
Would any of you have picked another fork over the vanilla if you could have?
The fork feels really nice, but I think its just over engineered. Its a pain to work on, and has some hydrolock issues unless you do things just right. I like it, but given the choice probably would have gone with a z150 FR or somthing like it. but, for OEM, its a great fork :)