Quantcast

v-brake levers for small hands

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
A friend of mine is having trouble being able to comfortably reach her brake levers when riding street and attempting bunnyhops and trying manuals, etc. What levers are available that are desiged for small hands? Thanks.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
first try adjusting the reach adjuster screw to bring the blade closer to the bar (most levers have one)

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Gary said:
first try adjusting the reach adjuster screw to bring the blade closer to the bar (most levers have one)
she tried that, but maybe i'll check to see if she was doing it enough.

J

JRB

Julie had pretty good results with XTRs adjusted all the way in. She has tiny hands.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Tektro makes a couple bmx levers for vees, I believe. I'm sure there are others, the local shop that specializes in BMX stuff should have plenty to choose from, or at least a couple already installed on bikes that you could feel before ordering.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I have Avid SD7's on my trials bike that are adjusted pretty far in since I'm on the brakes all the time when riding trials. I have relatively small hands for a guy, so they might be worth checking into.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
The older BMX/LX levers are a really good way to go. I tried to see how far I could get them to the bar and it was close!