Quantcast

Urban Wheels

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
I'm trying to decide which wheelset to get for my potential new urban bike. I have to choose from sun.

I'm REALLY unsmooth, but fairly light at 130 lbs. I used to ride the Mag. 30's but sold them off with my bike. I liked those, but I'm thinking they're a bit overkill for urban freeriding.

Out of:

-Mag 30
-Single wide
-Single track

Which do you think would be best? The singlewides are the same price as mag 30's, so I doubt I'll get those, but they're still an option.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
singletracks have held up quite well over two years of use under my 190-200lb self :D . sure, you'll have to true them every once in a while (maybe not at your weight), but they are sane.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I've been riding RhynoLite XL's for over 2 years now and I haven't had to true out anything major, granted I ride like a little girl. FWIW I bought a machine built wheelset and a year later rebuilt the front wheel around a 20mm hub. I haven't even checked the spoke tension or trueness for 6 mos.

Flatlander

Chimp
May 13, 2004
CO
Bldr_Freerider said:
I'm trying to decide which wheelset to get for my potential new urban bike. I have to choose from sun.
Yosei,
How do you keep getting money for all your bike parts? :confused: :) :) :)

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Sun's got some new wheels coming out. EightTracks I think they are called. You should check into those. Otherwise SingleTracks have held up perfectly to me for a long time without needing to even be retensioned but yet I've seen others SingleTrack's crumble. :rolleyes: