Quantcast

Urban setup

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Well after building and tearing down this frame 3 times i now think i have a good "Urban" setup.All the parts are low end ones that i don't mind hammering on except the frame and the uh XTR rear der.:D I had these parts as extras and figuare why not try them and yeah i know no front brake.I kind of like it
;)

Ir Dan

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Orange County
That looks like a DJ setup or a slalom setup minus a front brake. On a street bike you dont really need gears or a chain guide.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
For me a chainguide is pretty much required to keep the chain on as long as I don't have horizontal dropouts. But yeah I run my bike without a shifter for street.

But really whatever you like is good for street 'cause it's your bike.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Heh, that'd be the exact opposite to what I'd like as a street bike...
I wouldn't run discs, too easy to warp on hard ledges, I wouldn't run XTR, for exactly the same reason. I wouldnt run xt cranks as I've bent 2 sets already, I'd definately have a front brake, as my riding style demands it.
Different strokes for different folks...
Mind you, it looks awesome, and would be great on the dirt!

Ir Dan

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Orange County
You have 2 of the sickest slalom Mtnx dj hardtails I have seen. Not my deffinition of a street ride but they are deffinitly sick

Nd4spd

Chimp
Jun 9, 2002
If it's rideable, i'm on it
Hey thanks guys for everything.As for the Urban title i gave this thread that was my bad.As for me the PX is my urban screw around on bike.Kind of a everything bike.Plus yes it does double duty as a DS bike as well;)

As for the two bikes for the same use yes they may be similar but i have a thing for steel.I fell in love with steel when i bought my first Independent Fabrications steel HT.Now with the .243 added to the 3 IF's it just kind of rounds out the steel side of things.Plus the .243 is a drop machine:thumb:Opps i forgot the Kona Chute w the triple crown fork and the Hayes hydralics and a 24" rear:D That's a DH HT

Bikes have a major major major part of my life.When you start out on a Huffy and then go to a Univega man you learn to appreciate alot of things in life.Mostly that i am able to have the bikes i do now.Granted it didn't happen over night but i wouoldn't have missed it at all. Okay so that was a bit sentimental
:D