Quantcast

UK mountain biking trails in the South East and beyond

cacatpost

Chimp
Jul 7, 2014
The mountain bike years

Never in a million years did I expect to be a mountain biker. Before January this year, the last time I had been anywhere near a bike had been in 2005, and I’d hated it then.
Guest post By Lauren Jenkins
Bike shop sales techniques – love, hate or indifferent?

I reckon you’ll have strong opinions and KNOW the way you want to be treated, even if you’re cycling self–sufficient?
Guest post by Janet Saville
Introduction to Mudtrail

At any of these locations:

Wear a helmet
Look out for walkers, horses and any other animals
Don’t drop litter
Don’t try risky stuff alone
Don’t sell your soul to ‘the man’
Do have fun because that’s what it’s all about

If you’re a mountain biker in the South East you may be looking for new places to ride. Theres a growing number of MTB locations in the area, you’ll find some of the better known here but some are purposely kept quieter. One of the better known locations is Bedgebury Forest which is managed by the Forestry Commission. Bedgebury, Kent offers a 13km singletrack loop and freeride area. For more singletrack and freeride there’s Friston Forest on the south coast near Eastbourne, part of the South Downs way. Leith Hill on the North Downs in Surrey also has a great deal to offer in terms of xc and freeride especially with it’s well documented ‘summer lightning’ trail, a fun stretch of downhill singletrack.

Less gentle forms of exercise come in the shape of the Bull Track in Crowborough which hosts downhill races and freeride with some tasty north shore and dirt jumps. Additionally there’s PORC (Penshurst Off Road Club) in Penshurst Kent which is another downhill and freeride venue. PORC is currently undergoing some changes with the addition of a new clubhouse plus further work.