llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed

rbx

Monkey
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
:rolleyes:

France , Germany and Russia have HUGE contracts with Iraq, comparable to our contract with Saudi Arabia. That's right.....SAUDI ARABIA. Saddam is a madman. Saddam is a terrorist. Saddam has weapons of mass distruction. Saddam needs to be disarmed and relieved of power. Plain and simple.

If you think the initiative is about oil, your just dumb. When you loose friends to an airplane flown by terrorists slamming into a building, maybe you'll understand.

Where does Canada stand with this anyway?

Oh wait ...... this just in from the Canadian Embassador to the UN....... "ummmm......beer?....ummmm......moose?..........maple tree?........Celiene Dion?"
wow:rolleyes:

SandMan

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
Montreal QC & Greenwich CT
:rolleyes:

France , Germany and Russia have HUGE contracts with Iraq, comparable to our contract with Saudi Arabia. That's right.....SAUDI ARABIA. Saddam is a madman. Saddam is a terrorist. Saddam has weapons of mass distruction. Saddam needs to be disarmed and relieved of power. Plain and simple.

If you think the initiative is about oil, your just dumb. When you loose friends to an airplane flown by terrorists slamming into a building, maybe you'll understand.

Oh wait ...... this just in from the Canadian Embassador to the UN....... "ummmm......beer?....ummmm......moose?..........maple tree?........Celiene Dion?"

I have now met somebody dumber then Bush. I should not even reply, but I want just to educate you. Most of the terrorist flying those planes were from Saudi Arabia, not from Iraq, how does Saddam fits in with this? Saddam is a crazy man and his government is oppressive, but there many more governments in the world that do worst to there citizens then Iraq, I don’t see the US defend the freedom of these people.

BTW what ever happened to the hunt for Bin Laden? Priorities change, don’t they when $$$$ talks.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I believe that the US already either killed Bin Laden, or has him captive in Cuba, but dont ever mention it because they use his name to continue the War on Terror.

Sandman, any government that gives aid to the terrorist organization (al queda) that slammed the WTC, is at least somewhat at fault. I think this is what MRBIG was talking about. So, before you go calling people dumb, at least try and think before you post once in a while, instead of just posting jargon and more propaganda. It gets old you know?:rolleyes:

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
I have to disagree... If Binnyboy was dead, it would be plastered all over... Bush needs something + to put in his pipe to smoke...

SandMan

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by BurlySurly
I believe that the US already either killed Bin Laden, or has him captive in Cuba, but dont ever mention it because they use his name to continue the War on Terror.

Sandman, any government that gives aid to the terrorist organization (al queda) that slammed the WTC, is at least somewhat at fault. I think this is what MRBIG was talking about. So, before you go calling people dumb, at least try and think before you post once in a while, instead of just posting jargon and more propaganda. It gets old you know?:rolleyes:
What I am calling bumb is his comments in Canada, maybe I should have been clearer on that, I higher level of education from a 30 year old.

As for my view on the war, it is just what I believe and is my opinion. If Bin Laden is dead then they should at least share it with the public, there are also more proven ties between Saudi Arabia and Al queda, then Iraq.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by SandMan
I have now met somebody dumber then Bush. I should not even reply, but I want just to educate you. Most of the terrorist flying those planes were from Saudi Arabia, not from Iraq, how does Saddam fits in with this? Saddam is a crazy man and his government is oppressive, but there many more governments in the world that do worst to there citizens then Iraq, I don’t see the US defend the freedom of these people.

BTW what ever happened to the hunt for Bin Laden? Priorities change, don’t they when $$$$ talks.
This man is a genuis. You should take your show on the road.

How do dumb people get elected into office? I'm a little confused on this one. If you really think I'm dumb, you wouldn't have replied.

Saddam harbors and supports terrorists and terrorism. There is proof. Al-queda is worldwide. Bin Laden is from Saudi Arabia. A-queda is in no way representatives of Saudi Arabia. What exactly are you trying to suggest?

What are we doing/have we done for the other people under corrupt rule. Let's see. Somoila. Kuwait. Nazi Germany. Afghanastan. Bosnia. Who else needs defending? Do tell.

The Al-queda network is falling apart. Pay attention. The hunt is still on.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I think it is a laugh-a-minute riot that a few French Canadians might for a moment think that anyone in the US actually gives a flip what they think.... Heck, the rest of Canada does't take them seriously!!! :p :p

LOL!:D :D :D :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
...that makes those who speak it grasp firmly and spread their buttocks whenever a fight is looming? If you wish to roll over, fine, but don't fault us for coming out swinging. To parahrase an old service motto, "Lead, follow or get the fvck out of the way!"

And yes, I know that this is once again a generalized sterotype not applicable in ALL cases but ferchrisakes, it sure seems that way more often than not.

SandMan

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
Saddam harbors and supports terrorists and terrorism. There is proof. Al-queda is worldwide. Bin Laden is from Saudi Arabia. A-queda is in no way representatives of Saudi Arabia. What exactly are you trying to suggest?

What are we doing/have we done for the other people under corrupt rule. Let's see. Somoila. Kuwait. Nazi Germany. Afghanastan. Bosnia. Who else needs defending? Do tell.
Saudi Arabia does not harbor terrorists? You are telling me that there are no Al queda terrorists in Saudi Arabia? Look this one up.

Nazi Germany, we all know the whole world had to go after there guys.
Somolia and Bosnia were UN backed, why did the US go fight the the good fight and free these people with the conviction they are going after Iraq? I am sure they would have helped these people if the UN had vetoed it.
Kuwait, is about oil. Saddam would control too much of the worlds oil production.
Afganastan, 2 things with them. Yes they wanted to get Al queda and the Taliban, plus the US wants some pipeline to go through there. The US was actually aiding the Taliban, and they only stopped a couple of months before 9/11. This is fact, look up some not so left ot right wing European (including British) about these facts.

SandMan

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by N8
I think it is a laugh-a-minute riot that a few French Canadians might for a moment think that anyone in the US actually gives a flip what they think.... Heck, the rest of Canada does't take them seriously!!! :p :p

We are not all french in Quebec BTW, there are more English over here then you can imagine. It goes to show what you know about anything outside the US.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
We are not all french in Quebec BTW, there are more English over here then you can imagine. It goes to show what you know about anything outside the US.
I dont think he said anything to that effect, and now you're just looking for a flame fest. Quit while you're only slightly behind.

mrbigisbudgood

Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Saudi Arabia does not harbor terrorists? You are telling me that there are no Al queda terrorists in Saudi Arabia? Look this one up.

Nazi Germany, we all know the whole world had to go after there guys.
Somolia and Bosnia were UN backed, why did the US go fight the the good fight and free these people with the conviction they are going after Iraq? I am sure they would have helped these people if the UN had vetoed it.
Kuwait, is about oil. Saddam would control too much of the worlds oil production.
Afganastan, 2 things with them. Yes they wanted to get Al queda and the Taliban, plus the US wants some pipeline to go through there. The US was actually aiding the Taliban, and they only stopped a couple of months before 9/11. This is fact, look up some not so left ot right wing European (including British) about these facts.
I do believe I said "worldwide". Didn't I? Or did I say "worldwide, excluding Saudi Arabia". Saudi has made Al-queda arrests, YOU look this one up. Hey, maybe we should attack ourselves, just in case there are some Al-queda in the States. Canada sure seems to have quite a hefty Al-queda network in itself, isn't Canada the country where they initially enter, then sneak across the US border?

Get a clue.

rbx

Monkey
Originally posted by N8

so you think youre opinion is more valid then mine because of your place of birth!?

SandMan

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
I dont think he said anything to that effect, and now you're just looking for a flame fest.
Actually we had a pretty nice debate before a couple of you started insulting people because you run out arguments.

Quit while you're only slightly behind.
Smart comeback.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by rbx
so you think youre opinion is more valid then mine because of your place of birth!?

Of course.. you silly.... place of birth makes all the difference in the world... especially in this case...

It's an Amerian thing... you wouldn't understand. No really... you wouldn't and you obviously don't.

It's not your fault though and I don't think less of you for it.

:) :) :) :) :) :D

SandMan

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
I do believe I said "worldwide". Didn't I? Or did I say "worldwide, excluding Saudi Arabia". Saudi has made Al-queda arrests, YOU look this one up. Hey, maybe we should attack ourselves, just in case there are some Al-queda in the States. Canada sure seems to have quite a hefty Al-queda network in itself, isn't Canada the country where they initially enter, then sneak across the US border?
Hmm don't they have to go through your border guards? Should they not stop them?

Get a clue.
Education

mrbigisbudgood

Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Hmm don't they have to go through your border guards? Should they not stop them?

Education
Not when Canada gives them VALID paperwork.

Edit.......Hey, doesn't that make Canada an accomplice?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Actually we had a pretty nice debate before a couple of you started insulting people because you run out arguments.

Smart comeback.
Actually i think it was you who started insulting people. In fact, i think if you actually read a post or two, you'd find that i havent insulted anyone in this thread...yet.

SandMan

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001

Read above BurlySurly, how do you feel if people starting insulting the US. We are just debating it's policies.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Read above BurlySurly, how do you feel if people starting insulting the US. We are just debating it's policies.
Dude, quit bickering and debate then. Christ.
Stop calling people dumb.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
This is about combatants dying for Saddam if they choose to ignore the leaflets and non-combatants dying on 09/11/01 in NY, DC and PA.
Yeah, I remember when Iraq attacked us on 9/11. That was lame. Weren't there like 15 Iraqi citizens on the planes? Or were they Afghani? Or just Taliban? Or will it be North Koreans in a few months? Saudi, after that?

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
France, Germany, and Russia have big oil contracts with Iraq. Why do you think they are opposed to war with Iraq? Because it's not in their best interest. Iraq stops shipping oil, refineries in France, Germany and Russia have to shut down and people loose jobs. Nevermind the fact that Saddam is a sadistic freak with dangerous weapons and little morals.

THAT is my problem with France (Germany and Russia). Turn the other cheek to a dangerous situation in the name of money. Now that is what I call morals.

With reasoning like that, you could just as easily say the US wants to invade because it DOESN'T have oil contracts with Iraq. If your going to play oil card, play it for both sides.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by patconnole
Yeah, I remember when Iraq attacked us on 9/11. That was lame. Weren't there like 15 Iraqi citizens on the planes? Or were they Afghani? Or just Taliban? Or will it be North Koreans in a few months? Saudi, after that?

No sooner do we stamp out one flame that another springs up. In theory, though, I see no reason to oppose your suggested cleanup schedule.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
No sooner do we stamp out one flame that another springs up. In theory, though, I see no reason to oppose your suggested cleanup schedule.
Nice manipulation. Is your first sentence a quote from Mein Kampf?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
With reasoning like that, you could just as easily say the US wants to invade because it DOESN'T have oil contracts with Iraq. If your going to play oil card, play it for both sides.
First of all before anyone starts throwing the term "oil contract" around you should find out exactly what it means.

I don't have any illusions that oil is not playing a part in Iraq. But it simply doesn't matter to the US or British oil companies because they will have to be involved at some point. The companies that currently hold valid contracts within Iraq do not have capital or resources to fulfill the contracts as they currently exist. It is the economic reality of it. So no matter what happens next, they will be involved.

As for why the removal of Saddam is important to the US government, its not about cheap oil. Cheap oil is actually bad for everyone. What is wanted is stable oil prices. When they fluctuate it does all sorts of screwy things to the economy. The Russians are only concerned with keeping the price of oil above $18 a barrel. OPEC likes oil at $24 to $26 a barrel. The US government doesn't really care as long as it is consistent and not above $27 a barrel. Currently with the second largest oil reserve in flux with Saddam at the helm that stability is very difficult to achieve. Remove Saddam and all of a sudden that reserve starts to work just like the rest of the worlds reserves.

On top of that are the other reasons of WMD, totalitarian regime blah blah blah.

So as far as Osama goes, believe it or not it is possible for the US to do two things at one time. Until he is caught or turns up dead don't think for one second anyone has forgotten about him or he isn't someone's number 1 priority.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by DRB
First of all before anyone starts throwing the term "oil contract" around you should find out exactly what it means.

I don't have any illusions that oil is not playing a part in Iraq. But it simply doesn't matter to the US or British oil companies because they will have to be involved at some point. The companies that currently hold valid contracts within Iraq do not have capital or resources to fulfill the contracts as they currently exist. It is the economic reality of it. So no matter what happens next, they will be involved.

As for why the removal of Saddam is important to the US government, its not about cheap oil. Cheap oil is actually bad for everyone. What is wanted is stable oil prices. When they fluctuate it does all sorts of screwy things to the economy. The Russians are only concerned with keeping the price of oil above $18 a barrel. OPEC likes oil at $24 to $26 a barrel. The US government doesn't really care as long as it is consistent and not above $27 a barrel. Currently with the second largest oil reserve in flux with Saddam at the helm that stability is very difficult to achieve. Remove Saddam and all of a sudden that reserve starts to work just like the rest of the worlds reserves.

On top of that are the other reasons of WMD, totalitarian regime blah blah blah.

So as far as Osama goes, believe it or not it is possible for the US to do two things at one time. Until he is caught or turns up dead don't think for one second anyone has forgotten about him or he isn't someone's number 1 priority.

I agree for the most part. I think WMD play about a 1% role in the reasoning behind this war, and oil plays the rest. Thanks for pointing out the reasoning behind the oil interest--- not so a US company can make profits (some say so bush or cheney will get rich), but as to secure it, and stablize it. It seems like when people hear the word "oil" in connection with this war, they blow it off as some lame conspiracy theory to personally benefit bush or cheney... No, it's just about securing it. Again, here's a great analysis along these lines: http://www.foreignpolicy-infocus.org/commentary/2003/0301warreasons.html

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Nice manipulation. Is your first sentence a quote from Mein Kampf?

...my sources. It must have been some feat of astral streaming given that I've never personally read Hitler's "struggle". I'd suggest you ask one of your German friends instead. Since you drew the WWII analogy, though, might I also offer that your pacifistic stance in the face of imminent danger is reminiscent of Neville Chamberlain's own.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by ummbikes
You prefer Das Kapital?:D :confused: :eek: :D

Dude.

Hitler references fall squarely in the not playing nice with others catagory...:monkey:
I apologize to llkoolkeg for that. I couldn't think of the words to express what I was thinking. Here, I'll try.

There are bad things in the world, that need to be taken care of. But to avoid becoming a world bully, empire, or enciting the underdog's rage--- while trying to take care of these bad things---we should also avoid "going it alone", speaking in an "our way is right, because I said so" manner. His two sentences reminded me of a blind allegience-- a crusader, following the big guy, lacking perspective. Sorry for the Hitler reference, there's so many strings attached to it, but his first sentence envelopes a slice of nazism---- Who decides which flames get squashed?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
blah..blah...blah...Who decides which flames get squashed?

What country is it that all others turn to when they need help/leadership/assistance. It certainly isn't Canada or France for cryin' out loud!!! :p

It is the USA.

Our government is obligated to protect OUR interests and our way of life regardless of what other nations think....especially those that would hamstring us and make us weaker.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
I apologize to llkoolkeg for that. I couldn't think of the words to express what I was thinking. Here, I'll try.

There are bad things in the world, that need to be taken care of. But to avoid becoming a world bully, empire, or enciting the underdog's rage--- while trying to take care of these bad things---we should also avoid "going it alone", speaking in an "our way is right, because I said so" manner. His two sentences reminded me of a blind allegience-- a crusader, following the big guy, lacking perspective. Sorry for the Hitler reference, there's so many strings attached to it, but his first sentence envelopes a slice of nazism---- Who decides which flames get squashed?

It is certainly preferable to garner a broad coalition of support for our foreign policy, but in a pluralistic society(much less world), it is often very, very difficult. Some threats call for diplomacy and some threats demand action. I believe Bush feels that we have presented the best case we possibly could to the international community without endangering our intelligence assets. Our entreaties fell on ears that refuse to hear, so we are now forced to go it alone save our steadfast friends in the UK. In the modern word as in the ancient one, the guy with the biggest stick decides who gets squashed. We are in possession of the biggest, baddest Louisville Slugger the world has ever known and although we are historically slow to stir from our stance, Saddam has been throwing fastballs by the wrong batter's chin.