Quantcast

Two types of bike parents out there: Manimal and, err..., this guy.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
There are many types of parents, and Manimal is one who takes an active interest in his kids activities, but this guy needs the fuq beat out of him.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I am not a parent but I'd rather have my kid upset about losing her bike than have her crack her skull. Without knowing how many times he tried to get her to "where" her helmet it's pretty hard to judge.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
I am not a parent but I'd rather have my kid upset about losing her bike than have her crack her skull. Without knowing how many times he tried to get her to "where" her helmet it's pretty hard to judge.
Kids crap or not, cutting a perfectly good bike in half for effect, when there are plenty who can't afford one (especially right now) is ridiculous. I see your point, but if your kid can't be safe on the bike, put it up in the Craigslist free section.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You can lock the bike up for a month. Cutting it in half is a douchebag play.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Maybe he edited it or y'all can't read...

The events depicted above are fictitious. Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental. However, the bike is real, and yours if you want it. The circumstances involving how it got cut in half involve a child outgrowing her bike, getting a new one, and an over ambitious plan to create something really cool.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Obviously you're a moron yourself to worry about a $50 bike rather than the feelings a 4 year old child crying while "dad" cuts your bike into pieces.
Careful, sweetheart. Not sure you read my second sentence as it was intended. I see people on CL basically begging for food and extra firewood to heat their homes. I'm sure some of those same people have kids that have pleaded for a bike to no avail.

Anyway, glad to see the love runs deep...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Careful, sweetheart. Not sure you read my second sentence as it was intended. I see people on CL basically begging for food and extra firewood to heat their homes. I'm sure some of those same people have kids that have pleaded for a bike to no avail.

Anyway, glad to see the love runs deep...
Let me know if I can help you help them.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
He's since taken it down.

In case you missed it:

So, my daughter wanted a bike. She would do anything she said. But all she would have to do would be wear her helmet. Everytime.

"Can I go ride my bike?" she asks.
"Sure, just where your helmet," she's told.

15 minutes later, crying. She comes in, bleeding elbows.
"Where's your helmet?" she's asked.
"Er, I forgot," she says.
"OK, well, you are lucky it's only your elbow scraped. No helmet, no bike."

So, I cut her bike in half.

The events depicted above are fictitious. Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental. However, the bike is real, and yours if you want it. The circumstances involving how it got cut in half involve a child outgrowing her bike, getting a new one, and an over ambitious plan to create something really cool.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
This was not added until Angry Santa stepped in:

The events depicted above are fictitious. Any similarity to any person living or dead is merely coincidental.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I have everything I need to build an extra bike except a frame, fork and cables. You want to team up and create a RM Christmas present????
The donation bike parts I have are from generous Monkeys. I do have a Gary Fisher frame that I would gladly send your way.

PM me your info.

Hopefully all Monkeys will instigate similar efforts in their own communities and soon all kids without bikes in America will have one. :monkeydance:

Helmets and locks are severely needed, so if any company is listening, many kids need your help.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
The donation bike parts I have are from generous Monkeys. I do have a Gary Fisher frame that I would gladly send your way.

PM me your info.

Hopefully all Monkeys will instigate similar efforts in their own communities and soon all kids without bikes in America will have one. :monkeydance:

Helmets and locks are severely needed, so if any company is listening, many kids need your help.
I have an extra skate lid....If the kid has a huge dome.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
what a douche...

when noah disobeys, i just send him down some nasty stairs on a rigid 16" while screaming "AND WHAT BISH!!" ;) :D

What's up with the adults in the background? They look like are enjoying your son taking a faceplant into the concrete.