Quantcast

Twenty6 Predator or Straitline Defacto?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I want some new pedals for my new sled.

Been riding the Straitline Defactos for some 3 years now. Really like them, insane grip, good colors, etc.

But I saw the really ass insane hot pink Twenty6 Predators over on huck and roll. Those is some pink pedals!

Anyone have time on both? How do they hold up to a low talent rider who is a fat ass and is prone to pedal striking everything from rocks to pit bull puppies?

gnarbar

Monkey
Oct 22, 2011
200+ lb gnar DH ogre

I broke the Ti axles on two sets of T6's.

Straitlines have been bomb proof

you decide

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
How do they hold up to a low talent rider who is a fat ass and is prone to pedal striking everything from rocks to pit bull puppies?
McDirty, you are the king of the "auto-derision" when you talk about yourself on a bike. I'm sure you are faster and better than 90% of the joes on Kona Stabs!!!

What about the new Saint pedals?? Shimano stuff is like the Toyota Corolla of the bike world. Reliable and rebuildable and only nuclear apocalypse will kill them

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Oh noes, I am really horrid. My secret weapon is being able to just let go of the stoppers and outrun most everyone because gravity is my buddy.

I bought some of the "flame" Straitlines. They go with my color scheme.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
After replacing alu pins I have to say I'm really impressed with my 2011 prerunners. Just try to get steel pins and they are awesome pedals. I'm not heavy but I'm one of those riders who doesn't care for rock strikes and I did ride undersprung for half a season on a very low bb frame so it did happen a lot.

gnarbar

Monkey
Oct 22, 2011
I hope you got them replaced by us promptly! I'm guessing those were the 2010 Prerunners? We had a lot of issues with those and subsequently beefed them up for 2011 - lessons learned, and no one can claim we aren't constantly taking rider feedback to improve our product.
I didn't, I still have the white 2010's with the Ti axle in my "bits and pieces" box. They would have been serviceable with a new axle. The first black ones I threw away because they were a completely mangled unserviceable mess and the axle had ripped out of the end of the pedal.

I'll ask my shop to talk to you, thanks Ty.

Still bought a very sweet blue and white Twenty6 stem last year for my SS/AM bike, so no doubt that your products are cool and stuff.

And yes, I try to buy NA when I can, Point One Podium pedals and their dm stem, Cane Creek shock, SDG seat and post, Chromag ring, etc on my DH bike, Straitline defactos, Chromag ring and seat, Crank Bro's clamp, on my AM bike etc.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Now I'm sad I bought the Straitlines. Well kinda, they're still pretty frikking sweet.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
My last DH bike was the super pink wonder. Pink hubs/headset ala King, pink pedals and levers ala Straitline, pink grips from ODI.

I'm doing the "red baron" yeti 4x right now. When I finally get to the point I need bits for it, I'll order up some of your red pedals and see what I can do to them. 240# of unrepentent spastic man jelly in the air tends to do a number on a pair of pedals. I'll fail test 'em for you.