Quantcast

turdsday....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm up. Another day.
I thought I was going to see a concert tonight, turns out I never actually bought a ticket. My mind runs like a swiss watch, I tell ya.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm up. Another day.
I thought I was going to see a concert tonight, turns out I never actually bought a ticket. My mind runs like a swiss watch, I tell ya.
i forgot to see david cross and spend the night in asheville last friday....also forgot about wilco on saturday....the steel trap that is my mind...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Day was okay but I did some good swearing about VDO gauges, spent two hours yesterday putting a capillary type gauge in and it didn't work, I assume I broke it somehow.
Put another one in today and when you wind the bulb in by hand solder catches on the spring and binds meaning you have to twist the capillary line up to be able to tighten the bulb in to the housing. But, if they used a spring that was wound in the opposite direction shit would be easy.
4241616475612433898.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

In-laws are over for a visit today, so I have the pleasure of cooking them dinner after I get off of work. The joys. :cupidarrow:

Yesterday was a great reminder of how detrimental being in the office is. Between the impromptu drop-ins and people having loud conversations on all sides of me, I just can't focus with all that mental stimulation. Thus, I got literally nothing done outside of the few meetings I had.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Doing finances and just found a receipt for Bed, Bath, and Beyond for a rather large amount. Makes no sense, because Wifey went the day before the bankruptcy went into effect to use our $100 gift card. Didn't use it. WTF. Frustration...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Landscaping guys were here until 0830 last night loading up all the crap branches and weed they took out of my yards into their trailer. those guys have been hustling for two days . I made them tacos for dinner which they scarfed right down. They should be done today.

Easy shift for me today 9 transports between 0800 and 1400 with the last drop off only a mile from my house

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey bruffs. I already put in my two office days this week so now I will be home through Monday. I slept late and then ran 5 easy miles. I ought to shower and get some food but here I am talking to you people.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Day was okay but I did some good swearing about VDO gauges, spent two hours yesterday putting a capillary type gauge in and it didn't work, I assume I broke it somehow.
Put another one in today and when you wind the bulb in by hand solder catches on the spring and binds meaning you have to twist the capillary line up to be able to tighten the bulb in to the housing. But, if they used a spring that was wound in the opposite direction shit would be easy.
View attachment 193356
You know, some women pay good money to have their nails painted like that.

Also, @HardtailHack's work posts are pretty much the best thing going on the Monkey these days. @kidwoo's transformation into Jack Torrance being a close second, of course.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

In-laws are over for a visit today, so I have the pleasure of cooking them dinner after I get off of work. The joys. :cupidarrow:

Yesterday was a great reminder of how detrimental being in the office is. Between the impromptu drop-ins and people having loud conversations on all sides of me, I just can't focus with all that mental stimulation. Thus, I got literally nothing done outside of the few meetings I had.
^What this guy said. When I'm in the office a lot of my time is consumed by randoms walking in or calling about silly stuff.

Luckily I have my own office. But often I have calls with a teammate who sits in the engineering department at another building, which it just a room with a bunch of desks. The amount of noise and chaos that I can here through the call is insane. I'd have headphones on 100% of the time.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
In Fruita. We were dreading not be able to find a good boondocking spot for the night. We were wrong.

Sadly rain this morning. Supposed to clear out around 10. Moore Fun awaits.

received_1295866611000184.jpeg

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Also, @HardtailHack's work posts are pretty much the best thing going on the Monkey these days.
Back when I graduated from A&P school in the Central Valley, both CAT and Deere were quite keen on hiring freshly minted A&P's for industrial and agricultural equipment. The money was better but the work definitely harder. @HardtailHack's posts confirm I made the right decision for me.

:D

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Rain overnight and bright and sunny this morning, if better weather exists, I’m unaware of it.

Now, on to the joys of reverse engineering a part that heretofore has only existed as Mastercam tool paths, there will be swearing.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
coffee in. kids dropped at school. one meeting and a bunch of emails down; one meeting to go. beers with lunch? think i will. trying to decide on a route for mountains ride tomorrow. hmmm.....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
rough evening in the marriage department. work is full throttle so there isn't much time to think about it. Having lunch and trying to decompress before heading back into the lab to complete what I need, then slides slides slides and work beers. Then home to sleep in the front room again. whoopee!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
rough evening in the marriage department. work is full throttle so there isn't much time to think about it. Having lunch and trying to decompress before heading back into the lab to complete what I need, then slides slides slides and work beers. Then home to sleep in the front room again. whoopee!
Are you seeing a councillor?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah's home today. Not feeling well, so home it is.

Also just had someone refer me to the Jehovah's Witnesses website. Thank you, but I'll pass.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Sucks dude. . .

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
wfh.

then e-bike adventure: picking up Baby Aya, heading to big girls' school downtown via various greenways/trails as much as feasible. then art show thing, riding to rehearsal, dress rehearsal (concert tomorrow night), riding back to end the day.