Quantcast

~~~Tuesday GMT~~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. 50 minutes on the basement spin bikes with teh MBC last night. 60 minutes of elliptical machine later today. One week until knee surgery, so I've got to "enjoy" these workouts while I can...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Same old. Managed to knock out a good workout last night. I've started getting my isht together about working out and eating properly. Down 7# in the last week already.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Holy thick fog batman! That made the commute in to work fairly congested and slow. It's supposed to be in the 40s and raining all day. Blah.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
jury duty over...escaped that.

no morrissey last night....postponed until who the fvck knows....

graveyard/the shrine tonight.

NicoleB

Chimp
Jan 11, 2013
South NH
New England is one big troll. we just had retarded cold temps, some snow, and this wed will be in the 50s. freeze/melt/freeze/melt. this makes winter MTB'ing very difficult

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's not as cold when it rains, and it isn't raining that hard, so it's all good. Hope to hear the final word on the insurance claim today.

So the 2 cars they compared mine to had lower miles, but neither had the FX3 (selective ride control) and Z51 packages. One was $10k, the other $9k. They tried to say that those options are not as important on older vehicles. I told them the FX3 alone jumps the price $1500 to $2k. So I did a search on Autotrader and sent them one that was near identical to mine with Z06 wheels (minus the gawd awful red interior) for $13800 and a stock one for $14500 with the FX3 setup. They are reevaluating the value and are supposed to have the final offer today.

The salvage buy back is $2200. I am tempted, but I think I will let it go. :(

<edit> Fun Fact: There were only 422 Corvettes made in '94 with the FX3 package.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Fight that valuation, jimmydean. I did with my WRX and netted about 70% more than their initial offer.

In me news, the wife is being discharged today but the kid will remain in the NICU. No word on when she'll be released to our care.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Thanks Doc, I figure it's worth a day or 2 if I get an additional $1k out of the deal. Not sure if they know I only paid $4k for it in the first place. :rofl:

There was a black '96 with tan interior that was listed for $9k at a lot that had some trucks I was looking at. I figured I would look since I was there. As soon as I started it up (engine sounded great) I noticed none of the dash lights went into test mode and once the car was running there were no lights/gauges in the dash. :panic:

He said "We can look at the title history to see what the last odometer reading was." And that tells you what it said when it last worked. To think I put 22k miles in les than a year on mine, there is any guess how many miles are on that one.

I gave them a list of all the issues that would need to be addressed and his response was "So do you want to make me an offer on it?"

No, no I don't. But thanks.

Congrats again, Toshi to you and your better half.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
"grats Toshi! Good luck with the little one!

My co-worker just showed me the MOST PRECIOUS video of his friend proposing to his now fiancee. I got teared up... ahhh young love.

It's Tuesday. Looking for a new job today... just like every day. I've put out about 10 resumes/applications so far, but haven't heard anything back yet...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It's definitely Tuesday, but it feels like Minnesota. And I couldn't possibly give any less of a fvck.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Update:

So my car had more miles on it than a lot of others (most Vette owners don't commute year round), but the cars I sent them had the same miles as the ones they used to compare. My point of the comparison was the $3k+ price difference because of the FX3 suspension option.

Insurance sucks.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Hello. 50 minutes on the basement spin bikes with teh MBC last night. 60 minutes of elliptical machine later today. One week until knee surgery, so I've got to "enjoy" these workouts while I can...
Can you swim fairly soon after ACL repair?

The pool was my savior in terms of getting exercise after I broke my leg a few years ago.