Quantcast

tuesday gfmt....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WHAT IT TO BUCKO! Feeling a little less sore today. Planning an easy recovery walk/jog after work. Got to swing by the CSA farm to pick up our second winter share too. Hooray 35 pounds of carrots.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Enjoyed my random vacation day off yesterday even though I really didn't do much of anything besides catch up on my Netflix instant queue. Little guy was pukin last night so he gets to spend the day with grandma instead of going to daycare.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning hunt is on, Sitting in my spot now just waiting for sun up. If my tracking was right I just may be sitting right on top of some big ass bucks. Soon to find out, no moonlight, its windy, snowing like a bitch and 22 degrees

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! My legs are le banged from last night's skid fest but I plan to ride with next door pal tonight again. Rain/snow for the next couple of days will not be biking friendly.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
morning... just clicked "go" on this cnc program i programmed yesterday.. looks simple but that middle slot is +/- 0.002" ( which is not THAT terrible )

was watching the news w the mates quite drunk last night when the looting started.. mindblowing ( or is it....)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It's morning time, ya'll. Been a productive morning, I've almost caught up on sleep from the Baja trip... finally put my laundry away. Good times, I tell you. Gonna try and get on the roadie bike at lunch today, first pedal for me in over a month. Make today an adventure if you can!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
My simple deck rebuild has mushroomed into a full tear down/pour new footings $10k mahogany orgy.
That's with materials and labor at cost.
Fuck my wife...... I mean life.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Didn't get around these parts yesterday on accounts of the first day at the new job. Settling in now to the bazillion training modules I have to do.

Managed to finish the bathroom this weekend. I'm actually pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
morning... just clicked "go" on this cnc program i programmed yesterday.. looks simple but that middle slot is +/- 0.002" ( which is not THAT terrible )

was watching the news w the mates quite drunk last night when the looting started.. mindblowing ( or is it....)

.002" on a straight single axis cut doesn't seem that bad, I guess it depends on the machine cutting it?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
milltronics partner 3.... 1990's cnc machine :p
but i just paused the program and she fits in tolerance. had a nice brand new 3 flute GARR 0.5" for this piece
Good iron is usually good iron forever. Currently involved in retrofitting some old gantry mills from the 70's. That being said, crappy iron is crappy forever.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Good iron is usually good iron forever. Currently involved in retrofitting some old gantry mills from the 70's. That being said, crappy iron is crappy forever.
I have to say, this old milltronics suprises me sometimes with the tight tolerences.... we have Unist on it ( great lubrication spray) but I am stuck with sending the .NC files with a floppy disk ( max program size is 1.44MB) and some hole interpulation programs take up alot of code.... real tough to fit it onto one disk.. if needed i use 2 floppy discs. the rs3232 port or whatever its called is shot

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have to say, this old milltronics suprises me sometimes with the tight tolerences.... we have Unist on it ( great lubrication spray) but I am stuck with sending the .NC files with a floppy disk ( max program size is 1.44MB) and some hole interpulation programs take up alot of code.... real tough to fit it onto one disk.. if needed i use 2 floppy discs. the rs3232 port or whatever its called is shot
Every time you use an RS232 port a kitten gets herpes. Good thing it is broken.

I'd be happy to sell you a nice control retrofit. :)

DNC files on your HD over ethernet with a nice 200 block lookahead.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Every time you use an RS232 port a kitten gets herpes. Good thing it is broken.

I'd be happy to sell you a nice control retrofit. :)

DNC files on your HD over ethernet with a nice 200 block lookahead.
we do have a new milltronics mm-18 but some other guy is trying to use it today so im stuck with the good ol partner.. the mm-18 has a ethernet port that we will be running to my computer across the room. now that will be awesome for revisions to programs instead of the floppy

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Hanging out in laramie getting ready to wrap elk burger. Tomorrow i am heading down to Fort Fun with my single speed to see if I can find a trail to blow my lungs out on. Any of you Front Rangers live north of Longmont? I am likely heading for Heil Ranch unless there are drier better options somewhere else

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all! I work today and tomorrow, am off Thursday and Friday, then am going to be in Chicago Saturday through Friday for a big radiology conference. I am presenting some of my work plus will be going to a million different sessions.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
we do have a new milltronics mm-18 but some other guy is trying to use it today so im stuck with the good ol partner.. the mm-18 has a ethernet port that we will be running to my computer across the room. now that will be awesome for revisions to programs instead of the floppy
Ask your boss for a nice new Makino A99

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons