Quantcast

Trying to find replacement jackshaft chainring for a BMW racelink

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
So i'm breaking down the racelink for servicing over the winter, and one of the chainrings for the jackshaft is in dire need or replacing.

The problem is that I don't really feel like heading over to 16 Powers st to see if Joe has any leftover, so I was wondering if any other racelink owners have used other chainrings on the jackshaft.

This is only for the left side chainring though (way too much play), the right side is fine.
I thought about replacing the entire assembly with a profile spindle and splined chanrings (they also seem to offer rings that would fit the current spindle, but i can't get any detailed sizing on these).

Can anyone give a brother some advice about parts etc that would work here?

SAM_4541.JPG
jackshaft chainring

SAM_4542.JPG
single speed rear ring over top of the jackshaft chainring to show the hole size difference

SAM_4543.JPG
LH jackshaft ring side by side with a single speed rear hub ring

SAM_4544.JPG
jackshaft spindle

SAM_4545.JPG
LH chainring on spindle

Last edited:

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
To anyone interested, the fix for this was simple--head over to Bklyn and pay Joe some $ for the rings.
Turns out he laser cuts them to spec, so it's not likely there are other rings out there that will fit.

I did bring up the profile spindle & splined rings idea; while it would technically work...the amount of work and aggravation involved to make it viable just isn't worth the hassle.