Quantcast

Troxel's murderer condemned.

freakrock

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Santiago de Chile
Almost a year has passed since Alejandoro left us, and today, after a second trial, Aaron Vasquez, his murderer, was condemned to 7 years an one day of imprisonment and to pay about USD 300.000 to Troxel's family.
Justice did his job, but sadly, nothing will bring Alejandro back to life.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
older or not, the chilean law system is crap, when in the states murder gets easily over 10 years (I think, also depending on the state), here in Chile they even talked about less then 5 which is just a lot of bs for such a crime. Oh well, they wanted to give him two years of home detainment, now atleast it's 7 years in prison... which is actually a bit more fair

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
That is pure and utter bull, usually when there is a kid who is close to 18(Think 15,16,17) and commits murder, they get tried as an Adult in the US. 7 years and $300 will have to do, but that should be much more severe than what it is. It just seems the punishment still doesn't fit the crime.

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
How bad is 7 years in a Chilean prison? Do they have good conditions? Because 7 years in a prison in Tijuana, Mexico is like 3 consecutive life sentences..

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
7 years in the US would = 2 degree manslaughter and thats with a minimum sentence right there, depends on his stip he could do 4 years and be out... Justice System is a Fawking Joke

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
I spent a night in a TJ jail.
It felt like three years.

Seven years ain't right, but maybe there's a large Chilean man in need of putting "sensual" back into "nonconsensual" waiting for him on the other side of the bars.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I spent a night in a TJ jail.
It felt like three years.

Seven years ain't right, but maybe there's a large Chilean man in need of putting "sensual" back into "nonconsensual" waiting for him on the other side of the bars.
wUrd. Even if its "only" 7 years, a few nonconsenual encounters will pretty much be the worst punishment ever, IMO

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
How bout' some details for those of us not familiar with the incident?

Seven years does seem like crap.
:stupid: Do you have a link to an article? Depending no how the prison system is, seven years may be damn near the same as condemned to death.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
glad he's going to be put away, but nothing will be able to replace his life.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
The difficult thing is that there will NEVER be something that will replace your friend, I am truly sorry for the loss of those who loved him. I cannot fathom the depths of your loss, but I too have lost good friends to pistol fights over boom boxes and the culprit recieved 1 year with 15 suspended...my friend Mike died that night, is it fair? No, but I believe God is just and this man will know suffering and loss at an extent that is just. I pray for his salvation and that he comes to know his heart and can turn his life around. I have killed and caused suffering beyond my understanding, as have all of us, ignorantly or not, it does not change that we all hurt others deeply. Don't cry for blood when one day you could find yourself looking up from your radio while driving and take the lives of "innocent" people. Judging from far is easy and so is calling for blood. Seven years in prison could reform this young man or ruin him, he could die in there or he could come out a hardened criminal...we don't know...pray for the best and trust that God will handle him in His own way and in His own time. Again, I am sorry for your loss and may his memory encourage you every day you survive him. H