Quantcast

Trigger Gumm largest jump on a moto

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I dont' know if you guys have seen this but it is NUTS

At the Crusty Demons Night of Records in Queensland, Australia 36 year old Trigger Gumm from San Clemente, CA. shattered all true and imaginary records for the longest distance motorcycle jump by flying his Etnies/Lost Enterprises/Troy Lee Designs/FMF/Arsenalmx.com 500cc Honda 277.5 feet.

In front of an estimated crowd of 35,000 fans, and officials from the Guinness Book of World Records, Trigger jumped his Service Honda, a special construction dirt bike with a Honda CR 250cc body and frame modified to fit a 500cc motor, off a 23 foot tall take off ramp to claim the record he has been eyeing since he was a child looking up to the legendary Evel Knievel.

Gumm said "I have owed a Freeride Technology ramp similar to this one in the US for about six years but haven't been able to really find the place that wants such a big jump". The jump was unlike many in the past where the jumper was doing a stunt over cars or other objects while flying 100-200 feet, Trigger was over 75 feet in the air while clearing the 277 plus feet.

Trigger has plans of coming home to the US and setting up a jump that would take him beyond 300ft.
Here is a link to the video

It is absolutely insane. He just looks like a spec flying over that gap. It is only about 20-30 ft more than seths jump but it looks so much bigger.. and he lands it

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
motomike said:
yeah, only 20-30 more feet than the jump that nearly killed Seth. Major props to Trigger. Thats nutz.
No, you are right, I guess I played it down a bit, but I ment to say that it looks infinitely larger than seths jump even though it is only about 7-10% bigger. IT IS HUGE, I can't imagine even considering that.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Freaking crazy....but there were smart about how they built that thing, it was a relatively soft landing cause they did there homework on how to build the landing ramp.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
ChrisRobin said:
I wonder what he was thinking while in the air.
Judging by his name..."yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaw!" ;)

They showed highlights of the night on the local news over here, I think they attempted some ridiculous number of world records in the one show; longest gap with a trick, longest snowmobile jump, longest jump over hookers gyrating on a pole, that sort of thing. That jump is absolutely ridiculous, I think someone (Seth perhaps?) has said that they want to jump 300ft before they retire, which should be unbelievable to behold.

I assume that it's common knowledge by now that Rennie is planning to attempt the world record on a pushbike in the near future? If not, he is.

J

J5ive

140km when he hit the kicker. Thats what they said on the news here at least. Go hardcore stuff on aussie land.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
FarkinRyan said:
Judging by his name..."yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaw!" ;)

They showed highlights of the night on the local news over here, I think they attempted some ridiculous number of world records in the one show; longest gap with a trick, longest snowmobile jump, longest jump over hookers gyrating on a pole, that sort of thing. That jump is absolutely ridiculous, I think someone (Seth perhaps?) has said that they want to jump 300ft before they retire, which should be unbelievable to behold.

I assume that it's common knowledge by now that Rennie is planning to attempt the world record on a pushbike in the near future? If not, he is.

What was the longest jump with a trick and what trick did they pull? I would love to see that video too...I guess I will have to buy the next Crusty's

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
Motionboy2 said:
What was the longest jump with a trick and what trick did they pull? I would love to see that video too...I guess I will have to buy the next Crusty's
Longest trick was A superman seat grab.

They also have world records for:
World's Longest Distance on Pro Mini 50cc Bike
Set by Clint Debner (Australia -Penrith) - 86.4 foot on a 124cc Pro Modified Mini

World's Longest Trick (Superman Seat Grab)
Set by Robbie Maddison (Australia - Kiama) - 246 foot on a Honda CR250

World's Longest Distance on a Quad Bike
Set by Jamie Barkla (Australia - Cecil Plains, Toowoomba) - 149 foot on a Yamaha YFZ450 Quad

World's Longest Distance on a 125cc Motorbike
Set by Robbie Maddison (Australia - Kiama) - 221 foot on Honda CR125

World's Longest Distance on a 250cc Motorbike
Set by Larry Linkogle (California, USA) - 255.4 foot on a KTM 250

World's Outright Longest Distance on Motorbike (500cc)
Set by Trigger Gumm (California, USA) - 277.5 foot on Honda CR500

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Juano said:
Longest trick was A superman seat grab.

Isn't that seths longest distance before? That is amazing! It must feel like you are REALLY superman!

The guy that did longest distance on a quad is just crazy. That is just scary

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
3.27 seconds from back tire leaving the lip to back tire touching down over 277.5 feet gives an average speed of about 58 mph through the air, not factoring in the arc. Someone else can do the math on that one.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Juano said:
OH...........................MY................................GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats fricken huge!

Motionboy2 said:
Isn't that seths longest distance before?
about 1 foot longer than seth iirc, plus i'm assuming this jump didn't end with a clamp bolt going through someones forehead

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
A few weeks ago me and my boy Jamie took a 100' tape measure out to the moto track just to see the size of the stuff we were hitting. Turns out, 80' feet on a moto is nothing, and jumps don't really start getting "big" until you get 100' or so. THAT, however, is complete and utter insanity sauce. GOOD LARD that is huge. Just, friggin, BIG. I emailed Jamie with a link to the vid and the measurements and all that (he's not on RM) and this is all he ahd to say:

That would be an expensive tape measure.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
MMike said:
Got to concentrate concentrate concentrate......Got to concentrate concentrate concentrate......helloo!! helloo!! helloo!!........echoooo echooo echooo.......
HAHA Airplane joke... Amost went over my head... no pun intended.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
stiksandstones said:
Weird that that looked smoother than any daredevil jump I ever saw and farther! but no one will ever hear of this guy (ala Evil Keneivel).
Speak for yourself, stik. I'm "someone."

or so says my mom.