Quantcast

Travel resumption post-COVID

When do you anticipate traveling "normally" again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Domestic flights back to normal.

United announced a couple days ago they were buying 270 aircraft. Most flights out of the Springs are very close to full. There is talk again about man power shortages industry wide both above and below wing. I just need commerical aviation to last through January.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ya, what's in January?!

I'm flying to Seattle in August. United informed me a week or two ago my Economy Plus subscription had expired. That would have paid for itself a time over if we'd flown to Seattle in the summer and over Christmas break like usual… but we didn't, so I didn't use that $1,299 purchase at all.

Whoops.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
United announced a couple days ago they were buying 270 aircraft. Most flights out of the Springs are very close to full. There is talk again about man power shortages industry wide both above and below wing. I just need commerical aviation to last through January.

I see this as a good thing. I think things would be better where I work if execs spent some time busting their knuckles on the plant floor.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
so are we all traveling again or am I the only one still holed up

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I was grateful for empty middle seat during my 12 hours on a plane the other day, wearing a KN95 from the moment I walked into the airport and N95 while on the plane.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I fly pretty regularly for work. I haven’t been masking up since the mandatory requirement ended. Not sure why. DGAF at this point I suppose. The only exception was the one time I had to travel with a cough/head cold (not COVID). Wore my mask in the hopes of not spraying my cooties around.

Aggravatingly and ironically, the sickest I’ve gotten in years was while staying home over winter break.