Quantcast

Transition Dirtbag

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Well I've been wanting one ever since I learned that local riders here in Seattle have built a company for building bikes and they look tight! I had a Norco A-line in May, then sold it and got a Giant DH Comp, but now I'm thinking the Transition DirtBAG:
http://www.transitionbikes.com/DirtBag.cfm

I'm looking for a do-it-all frame and I think this might be it. Anyone out there ridden one or have one, what's your opinion and if you have pictures, send away ;).

Thanks,
~WA

Showtime

Chimp
Aug 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
I ride a Dirtbag. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I came from a Giant AC1, and my Dirtbag absolutely blows it away. Kyle and Kevin are really good guys to deal with. It looks like you might be local to Seattle, if so, you should check one out in person. I test rode one about this time last summer, and had one question: "When can I get one?" (I picked it up a couple days later)

I don't have any pictures of just the bike, but if you watch the 2004 Transition video, I am the guy in the bright green shirt. (And actually, thats a picture me on the Dirtbag page... of the website)

If you want to know anything specific, just let me know.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Yeah I just got mine this past Saturday, and built it up Wedensday. I love it. I have been riding it since then. Great dirt jumper, trail rider, golf course rider, uh and stunts. Feels so good on drops too. It accelerates so fast. I just need to put a z150 on it, because the fork I have on it now makes the head angle a tad step and is harder to manual. Once I put a fork with 6 inches of travel on it, I know it will be even better. I love it. I am taking it with me when I got out to Keystone in a few days.

Here is a picture of it.

And some of it in action

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
thats a sweet lookin frame. whats the leverage ratio with the dangerboy plates?

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
transitionbikes said:
This is Kyle from Transition. You can view our gallery page which has alot of pictures of built up dirtbags (http://www.transitionbikes.com/gallery.cfm). I know there are some other guys on this forum that ride them so maybe they can share as well.....
Thanks Kyle, just got your email. How does the Dirtbag with the 7" upgrade compare to say the Giant DH Comp, or a Norco A-line? <---both 2004's.

I'll more than likely be transfering my components over from my Giant DH Comp with a Dorado vs the Slider +. I really liked my Norco A-line but sold it for the DH Comp, however, I wasn't impressed with the DH comp's ability for anything but Whistler as that's what its made for.

I'm hoping that the DB's style of linkage and the fact you can run a front der. and shifter on it will allow for me to still pedal on the stuff I like to ride as I'm dropping down from 2 bikes to one that can do it all kind of a deal...

I think the Dorado will complement it nicely and I can't wait to try one out. I'll drop Kevin a line as soon as I recieve my payment from the sale of my current frame.

~WA