Quantcast

Trail Work Day - March 8th - Issaqueena, Clemson SC

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Group Ride @ Issaqueena Main Parking area (pre work-party Group Ride) - 11 AM
Sunday March 8th Issaqueena

Note: Sunday is the start of Daylight Savings - Spring Forward One Hour!

3PM main lot for Trail work

Tools will be provided, bring gloves, water/snack, long pants, long sleeve shirts recommended
Directions & Details Here

Map & Directions

we'll be working on clearing the Chainbreaker Trial sections that have trees down and reroute sections from tornado/wind damage from several months ago.

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Saturday made my way out to Issaqueena (Clemson) to get in a ride, and also scout out the trail work we would be doing the next day>

started the ride going down the Dam Rd. trail and got to the mud hole and as soon as rode through it was covered in Clemson Mud. face, chest, shorts, legs and shoes... so i spent the next hour draining out the pit by opening up the blockage and then gathered enough rock to fill the pit!

then after hittin' the Issaqueena Lake Trail for some scenic bliss, i crossed over to Chain Breaker Trail to assess the damage that was done couple of months back when a tornado hit over near the town of Six Mile. Now i don't think a tornado actually hit here at the trail.... They call it "Straight Line Winds" powerful downdraft that levels everything in it's path... I took me over an hour just to cover maybe hundred yards....

What a mess

there were at least a 100 trees down, some stacked 3 or 4 high, again what a mess, Saturday seemed hopeless, there was no way we could tackle getting this cleared and rideable.

the amazing happened though, If you throw enough people into it we can accomplish anything! Thanks to the 20+ folks who came out for the group ride

Thanks again to everyone who busted their asses and chain saws to get this trail back open!
:clapping: