Quantcast

Toyota Automobile Museum

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sorry, just Cell Phone pics. Brought a decent camera but have no means of getting the pictures off until I get home. Not sure if it will make much of a difference, the lighting was fucking brutal. Generally dark place, shiny objects and harsh spotlights.

1908 Isotta Fraschini

I have no idea what I am looking at.

Exhaust cut-out, because louder is faster.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rolls, hard to describe how beautiful this thing is.

Bumper height gas burning tail lights next to the fuel tank. What could go wrong?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Giuletta Junior. The want is strong, also about the only car here I could afford, short of all the crappy Toyotas that were on display.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
E-Type. A little too stylized for my tastes, but damn was this thing fast for it's time. Actually saw one driving down the road yesterday. The noise was outstanding.

A nice place to have a seat

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That place is cool. It's smaller than I expected, but there's a lot of epic stuff in there.

No 2000 GT pictures?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bentley Gran Prix car. Doesn't get any more british than this. Again, with authentic british oil leaks.

Before there were shock-absorbers you had rotary steel on leather friction dampers.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bugatti GP car, Just gorgeous. From the days where aerodynamicists just made it look fast and hope for the best. Note the aluminum wheels.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That place is cool. It's smaller than I expected, but there's a lot of epic stuff in there.

No 2000 GT pictures?
Supposedly they have a large warehouse full of cars they rotate through the displays. This month they were highlighting the history of the Toyota Crown, terrible looking JDM luxury cars that turned into Lexus. This no doubt displaced a lot of interesting cars.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Supposedly they have a large warehouse full of cars they rotate through the displays. This month they were highlighting the history of the Toyota Crown, terrible looking JDM luxury cars that turned into Lexus. This no doubt displaced a lot of interesting cars.
Lame. When I went they were featuring a GT 2000 and an LFA very prominently.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
And yeah, taking decent pictures in there is really hard. Saying the lighting is tricky is putting it mildly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
On to the Japanese floor. Mostly contained malaise era economy cars and micro cars from the era when Japanese manufacturers perfected copying and improving european micro-cars. There were a few interesting models.

Can you guess what the most popular color of car is in Japan? Hint: it is not beer.

LFA

2000GT. Refer back to the E-Type for where the design inspiration came from

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Museum was cool but it would have been nice to at least hear some of these things run, or have hoods up. Sheet metal is just the dressing, I like the mechanical bits.

A few other items seen in the area.

Not sure if this area is run by the Bloods or the Cryps, Clearly gang territory. Either way, great use of negative space.

Japanese vans are much cooler than american market minivans or SUVs.

:drool:

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a nice collection.

If given the opportunity to drive only one out of them, I would honestly have a fit trying to decide which.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a nice collection.

If given the opportunity to drive only one out of them, I would honestly have a fit trying to decide which.
I'd have to go with that blue Bugatti Type 35. All the modern post war cars are going to feel somewhat similar, but that Bugatti is going to be a completely different ball game. And because racecar.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nice shots. The 2000 GT and the 240Z are both full of lust. I would leave the GT stock, but I would molest the 240.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yeah a museum quality car really needs some rimz, perhaps an LS swap before getting rolled.
I did a 280 bottom with 240 head and a bunch of NISMO goodies. That car was insane, but an LS is easy swap. I was talking more of driving it the was the good baby jeebus intended.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I did a 280 bottom with 240 head and a bunch of NISMO goodies. That car was insane, but an LS is easy swap. I was talking more of driving it the was the good baby jeebus intended.
Shit, if you are talking about just driving them. If you could afford a GT, you can afford to drive it.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Shit, if you are talking about just driving them. If you could afford a GT, you can afford to drive it.
What I would REALLY like to build with a first gen Z (260 would be good since they kinda suck due to carb issues) is a 250 GTO kit, since $25M+ for the real thing is a stretch for me right now.