Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I hear riding a bicycle is good exercise.
I got my Shuttle in 2018. so over the course of having it I have defattened on net.

and "eat less move more" is as unhelpful as when Nick suggested it in 2019, or when countless people have over the years. exercising spurs increased energy intake, and is highly unlikely to be an effective long term weight loss strategy in and of itself. because our brains aren't just sitting there not responding to what's happening around them.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
previously fatty liver as assessed by MRI.
I have an upcoming MRI to assess my liver. My oncologist has some concerns about apparent cysts turned up in my last CT. "But don't worry, probably not cancer!" :rolleyes: I'm not a doctor but I do wonder how much, of any of it is from the accident. My broken ribs basically turned my liver into burger, I can't imagine that's a good thing long term but I do also wonder why it's coming up now. It's not exactly like it was my first CT. Maybe my liver is also just deliciously fatty?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I got my Shuttle in 2018. so over the course of having it I have defattened on net.

and "eat less move more" is as unhelpful as when Nick suggested it in 2019, or when countless people have over the years. exercising spurs increased energy intake, and is highly unlikely to be an effective long term weight loss strategy in and of itself. because our brains aren't just sitting there not responding to what's happening around them.
BOOTSTRAPS!!

:homer:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I have an upcoming MRI to assess my liver. My oncologist has some concerns about apparent cysts turned up in my last CT. "But don't worry, probably not cancer!" :rolleyes: I'm not a doctor but I do wonder how much, of any of it is from the accident. My broken ribs basically turned my liver into burger, I can't imagine that's a good thing long term but I do also wonder why it's coming up now. It's not exactly like it was my first CT. Maybe my liver is also just deliciously fatty?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the liver MRI will have a sequence that'll be useful to check your liver's tastiness index. send it to me and I'll calculate the % fat from it if they don't report it directly. 5% or less is normal. (my liver was up to 11% or so fat, then down to 7-9% and then finally down to a nice 2% or so as of the most recent MRI. we see livers up to like 40% fat on this measure, for context.)

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
new place in life for Land Cruiser. On battery tender in driveway
IMG_2143.jpeg
as for how much and when:

VW still says "2024" vaguely, but given their June 2, 2023 intro event and Car and Driver saying June 2024 ship date summer seems reasonable.

there will be ADM at the start of sales, no doubt. and ain't nobody got time for that nonsense. so I'll wait it out until the sooner of when VW introduces reasonable 24/12 lease terms (as reported via the Edmunds lease forums, my new favorite friend) and ADM is in the past. maybe the fall? completing a deal this calendar year would be the best as the CO EV tax credit drops down $1,500 come Jan 1, 2025.

I'd get the PacHy appraised at CarMax and Carvana and then bring it to VW as a trade to offset sales tax +/- get a check back from the transaction. would go one-pay on the lease if VW finance does that for lower MF. edit: VW reportedly takes off 0.0006 MF for one-pay per post #48.

and then I'd sell the Land Cruiser on IH8Mud (edit: or rather list it on BaT and post the link on IH8Mud), once this was all completed and the car in my garage.

this is the plan. it likely will change many, many more times. but for now I am mentally ok with this, including selling my precious Land Cruiser for the second time.
got a hitch put on the Busy Forks this afternoon at Lampert Hitch. ($229 Curt real hitch on sale at Napa as opposed to the expensive, wobbly Stealth Hitch that was on the EQB—never again. $145 for Lampert to pop it on, because division of labor and all that.)

IMG_2360.jpeg

and with that I think my timeline has moved up for the Land Cruiser to exit the building. Busy Forks + hitch rack now has me totally covered for bike-shuttling functions. and getting the cash implicitly stored in the long since paid off Land Cruiser instead of literally having it sit on the driveway undriven would be nice, especially since I'm still saving up for Japan 2025 travel costs.

so the new as of today timeline:

get the not-quite-10 year old BFG KO2-shod OEM wheelset swapped back on the car next week. Discount Tire should still do this since their 2415 date code is "just" 9 years old. (they won't touch it if it's 10. I don't want to do this myself because with tall car + super slow bottle jack it's time consuming.)

June 7 mobile detailing for the PacHy and Land Cruiser alike. take glamour shots of both while they're all clean afterwards.

and shortly thereafter list Land Cruiser on Bring a Trailer and see what it brings in.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am now about 4 lb lighter than when I stepped on the scale this morning

TMYK

edit: ultimate total was about 9 lb down over a 24 hour period.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the astute reader would recall that I amended my 2022 Federal tax return to claim the EV tax credit under pre-IRA rules via the IRA's Transition Rule, pertaining to non-refundanble deposits.

anyway, the long and short of it is that I got the tax credit for the short-lived-in-my-garage EQB today. including interest.

:notbadobama:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@gonefirefightin

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
@gonefirefightin

This post cost me 10 IQ points.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Concert night tomorrow. But actual concert dress for dress rehearsal for photos (usually a “dress rehearsal” is just the last rehearsal, in street clothes).
IMG_2392.jpeg

saw a Century.
IMG_2391.jpeg

finally got my paws on tirzepatide again!
IMG_2394.jpeg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
oh, and I updated the bookface but not here: one 10 mm ascending colon polyp found. this will most likely be benign on pathology. nothing else of note. stomach and duodenum random biopsies taken to check for H. pylori and celiac.

so basically negative. just need to wait on path.

:)

but since I did have a polyp this means I get colonoscopy again in 3 years. I'll ask for a different prep instead of that 4 liter business. that last liter was rough to get down the ol' gullet at 4 am and all.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Just finished Alastair Reynolds’s Revelation Space.

Liked it quite a lot. Some issues with pacing of progress of the universe’s secrets being revealed but overall an intriguing and rich world presented.

I think I’ll read some of his other books next.
The whole world setting/those books are excellent.

Iain M. Banks' "Culture" novels are fantastic!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am sure that I can speak on behalf of the rest of us, that it brings joy to our ears to hear that your probing came back relatively clean and clear.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am sure that I can speak on behalf of the rest of us, that it brings joy to our ears to hear that your probing came back relatively clean and clear.
Thanks. I have seen too much as part of my job—there really are a ton of 30something and even 20something year olds with colon cancer.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
re y'all with hypertension and me with undesired excessive hypotension: recorded blood pressure coming out of anesthesia yesterday of 96/66. asymptomatic, didn't pass out or anything when I eventually got up off the gurney after waking up a bit more. I am too relaxed, or rather my weird-collagen blood vessels are so.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
finally got my paws on tirzepatide again!
IMG_2394.jpeg
accountability post:

215.0 lb flat on the bathroom scale this morning. took first dose of the above last night after the several months-long break due to it being unavailable. I hope to demonstrate some re-defattening progress over the next few months. make those clothes nice and loose again.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
don't know on price for the easter island heads

thinking of bidding on one of those Rad Power bikes and maybe that Trek Soho if they stay going for super cheap. I'm on call May 4 but could pop out for 45 min up to Roller Auction with a rack on a car to pick up two bikes for sure.

no charger is no problem as I have that for the RadWagon. maybe the same key works for all? probably could figure that out between the Rad store in town and the internet.

edit: keys have a code. unless I get lucky with the same code $20 and a bit of a wait for a new key.

I got a 24" or so moai for the front yard, for the record, via homedepot.com. couldn't find one of any size at Costco.

and went to check on the bikes to see if I should bid and the auction was already completed. whoops. anyway, wouldn't have won anything as they went for $555-825 for the Rad Power e-bikes. yeah, nah

time to see if I should bid on some power tools:

edit: not going to bid. but if @Pesqueeb or anyone else wants to I can pick up things on the 8th if need be

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
oh, and I updated the bookface but not here: one 10 mm ascending colon polyp found. this will most likely be benign on pathology. nothing else of note. stomach and duodenum random biopsies taken to check for H. pylori and celiac.

so basically negative. just need to wait on path.

:)

but since I did have a polyp this means I get colonoscopy again in 3 years. I'll ask for a different prep instead of that 4 liter business. that last liter was rough to get down the ol' gullet at 4 am and all.
:picsstfu:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
pathology came back quick. and is negative. no celiac disease either. so my anemia is unexplained but big bad things have been excluded at least.

path.PNG

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
pathology came back quick. and is negative. no celiac disease either. so my anemia is unexplained but big bad things have been excluded at least.

View attachment 211198
extra context: although there was nothing overtly bad (high grade dysplasia or actual cancer) the tubulovillous adenoma is considered a precancerous polyp type.

thus I win another scope in 3 years, and my kids should get scoped starting at age 40 (32 was applying the guidelines incorrectly per my oncologist sister). (my sister also should, but as she's 44 she can't go back in time.)

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the liver MRI will have a sequence that'll be useful to check your liver's tastiness index. send it to me and I'll calculate the % fat from it if they don't report it directly. 5% or less is normal. (my liver was up to 11% or so fat, then down to 7-9% and then finally down to a nice 2% or so as of the most recent MRI. we see livers up to like 40% fat on this measure, for context.)
just read an MRI on a dude with a 44.6% liver fat fraction. that may be the "winner" here

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Up too late and ride plans don't seem to be gelling. So tomorrow:

- snuggling with sweet middle child as usual
- lifting with wife
- turning sprinklers on
- trying to spray Revive on the back lawn again, and resorting to the backpack sprayer if the hose sprayer thing doesn't work a second time
- scouting out two hot tub stores on the north end of town to get some pricing baselines in case I don't go with the same outfit + Bullfrog again
- family swim
- dinner out with wife, and seeing the Yo Yo Ma concert with the Colorado Symphony afterwards
- moonlight a bit here and there between and after all of this

gonefirefightin

free wieners
@gonefirefightin

The whole Jeep Beach crowd is an astonishing display of what mud crickets and basic bro's can do with unoriginal parts catalogs. Nothing more than lego's for that kind of crowd, light bars before lockers, and subwoofers before suspension. To the actual crowds that wheel and break things on the trails wont ever be seen at those events.