jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Really ? The TVA is concerned about "a complex issue" that might violate federal law ? Nah, not them, couldn't be...

gonefirefightin

free wieners

4/20 bitches.
Excuse me sir, would you be willing to hear about our lord and savior....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

One of these is just up the road from me. I've never done anything psychoactive... Never really thought I'd enjoy not being in control of my senses. But maybe in the name science? Or to support a local business (that's protesting an unjust law :rolleyes: )?
I've recently been exploring the idea of growing some at home. Relatively cheap, legally grey, quite intrigued by some recent studies/papers that suggest they show promise in treating PTSD and/or depression, both of which have been issues for me. Basically the only reason I haven't is because I'm reasonably certain that "exploring my inner psyche" is a bad idea. :fie:

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

One of these is just up the road from me. I've never done anything psychoactive... Never really thought I'd enjoy not being in control of my senses. But maybe in the name science? Or to support a local business (that's protesting an unjust law :rolleyes: )?
If you eat a little you get to keep your wits, mostly. I've had friends that relied on micro-dosing to manage stressful times in their lives. I don't know if I could micro dose daily but it's not the wild psychedelic adventure your imagining.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

Dude, didn’t you just post something about you being worried that CBD is addictive ? You might find shrooms to be way too intense and the effects lasting a lot longer than you’d like. I’d recommend trying some super high level thc, 28%+, first. That way you’d return back to normal after a just a couple hours of running blank tape.

Also, cannot emphasize enough the importance of having someone who is sympathetic to to psycodelics stay with you. Definitely someone who has tripped and knows not to fuck with you while you’re trippin balls.

Worth noting that if you are a visual person, such as an artist or craftsman shrooms get very intense with the visual experience. Much more so than weed.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If you eat a little you get to keep your wits, mostly. I've had friends that relied on micro-dosing to manage stressful times in their lives. I don't know if I could micro dose daily but it's not the wild psychedelic adventure your imagining.
We had gotten some wicked mild LSD in high school that was totally doable at school with great success. I would like to try micro dosing shrooms, that would be nice.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
I've recently been exploring the idea of growing some at home. Relatively cheap, legally grey, quite intrigued by some recent studies/papers that suggest they show promise in treating PTSD and/or depression, both of which have been issues for me. Basically the only reason I haven't is because I'm reasonably certain that "exploring my inner psyche" is a bad idea. :fie:
Have similar shit going on in life. Super hesitant to try them, glad i did. Cleared a few cobwebs outa my head. Campfire, beers, shrooms, stars. Good times.

there kinda hard to grow. Need a REALLY clean room. i know a guy who has been trying for a bit now with little success trying in his closet. Hes making a dedicated room now with spores from a lab. Those spores were some good trips, so i cant wait. easier to get an oz of medical grade for 100$ than grow it IMO.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Have similar shit going on in life. Super hesitant to try them, glad i did. Cleared a few cobwebs outa my head. Campfire, beers, shrooms, stars. Good times.

there kinda hard to grow. Need a REALLY clean room. i know a guy who has been trying for a bit now with little success trying in his closet. Hes making a dedicated room now with spores from a lab. Those spores were some good trips, so i cant wait. easier to get an oz of medical grade for 100$ than grow it IMO.
Well, I suppose it depends on how many three letter federal agencies over see your industry of employment. But at least for me, an oz of medical grade isn't an option for me, despite the States stance on the subject. This is actually one of the reasons I started looking into shrooms as an alternative. Glad to hear you've had positive results, certainly intrigues me further. I'm down to giving cultivation a try, if for no other reason than just to say I did. Seems like it's not terribly expensive, just labor intensive and super picky about conditions. Not too different than home brewing I suppose.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You can find cyanescens around here where people have landscaped with wood chips which the Seattle parks department is fond of.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Haven’t messed with shrooms since the late 80s or 90s. They’re fun and all but it’s just too much of a time commitment. Doubt I’ll ever do them again. Back in Art school we’d have parties where 60+ people would be trippin on acid. Fourth of July was a hoot when my entire neighborhood would drop and spend the next 12 hours shooting fireworks at each other.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Haven’t messed with shrooms since the late 80s or 90s. They’re fun and all but it’s just too much of a time commitment. Doubt I’ll ever do them again. Back in Art school we’d have parties where 60+ people would be trippin on acid. Fourth of July was a hoot when my entire neighborhood would drop and spend the next 12 hours shooting fireworks at each other.
A roman candle fight is something to experience.
:panic: :headbang:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

I love mushrooms. I also love LSD though. Mushrooms can be quite mild.
I've been listening to his book of the same name. Might be an intriguing watch.

The flip side is, I listened recently to a 9 part podcast by New York Magazine that probed the "darker side" of the nascent psychedelic industry. No surprise that an underground completely unregulated industry has a whole cavalcade of shady folks and that shitty things happen to desperate people.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
The flip side is, I listened recently to a 9 part podcast by New York Magazine that probed the "darker side" of the nascent psychedelic industry. No surprise that an underground completely unregulated industry has a whole cavalcade of shady folks and that shitty things happen to desperate people.
Which is how it works when you criminalize shit like this... :disgust:

war-on-drugs1.jpg