Quantcast

Tire question, kinda advanced

yojimborace

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
SC
Hey does anyone know the chemical composition of bike tires and the equations for making them? I need it for a project, thanks.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
yojimborace said:
Hey does anyone know the chemical composition of bike tires and the equations for making them? I need it for a project, thanks.
Hahhahaha:rofl:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
That is imposible to answer because every rubber compound is chemicaly different. Also there is allot more than the chemicals at work, they must be mixed, layed up a certain way, cooked a certain way, you need to do some more reasearch into ruber, then find out which tire you would like to emulate and then get a sample into a gastro spectrograph (I think thats what it'd called anyway).

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Tons of variables as others have alluded to but the new Bike mag has an article on tires they did at the Nokian factory. I don't know if it is on the news stand yet but if not it should be soon.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
DRB said:
ball bearings its all ball bearings these days

That would be an really interesting concept.

Heavy as crap, but interesting nonetheless.

And yes, i'm serious....... Get some really big ball bearings, but them in a cage, and whammy, new road wheels! :)

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
BigMike said:
That would be an really interesting concept.

Heavy as crap, but interesting nonetheless.

And yes, i'm serious....... Get some really big ball bearings, but them in a cage, and whammy, new road wheels! :)
You won't go anywhere. Ball bearings spin.