Quantcast

***Thursderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Blew up a derailleur and got stung just below the eye by some sort of mean and nasty bug at centennial cone yesterday. Got stuck in traffic on the way home because Monument hill was on fire. 2/10, would not bang. Back to the salt pit. :thumbsdown:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Yesterday's meh had a happy ending in a pretty good ride after work. I wish it was not getting dark at 7:30PM though. :disgust1:

Today the insane humidity is finally gone, yay! I shall ride bikes again.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Blew up a derailleur and got stung just below the eye by some sort of mean and nasty bug at centennial cone yesterday. Got stuck in traffic on the way home because Monument hill was on fire. 2/10, would not bang. Back to the salt pit. :thumbsdown:
That sounds quite unpleasant all around. Mariko got stung under her eye the other day and now has been minorly flipping out about any and all bugs when outside.

Today I'm reading ultrasound so will get a chance to try out that thyroid ultrasound app that I made.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:panic::panic::panic:<---Pretty much all I have to say about today.

Yesterdays ride was a chore, my legs felt exhausted after about 5 pedal strokes. Fun ride, though. Some dirt bikers have been ripping up and down the trails at that location, too. Normally I dislike that, as they have a tendency to rut out the trail (still not as bad as horses and all the poop that comes with them, UGH); but these guys must have spent 99% of the time going sideways in the forest. The trails look like someone has raked and swept them.

I also noticed this big yellow splooge strain on my left shin at the end of the ride. No clue what it was, but it almost refused to come off during the post-ride shower. Gross.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

First ride in two months last night and you bet I felt it in the legs, the lungs, and the ole kiester. I should really do this bike ride thingy more often, it was kinda fun.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Wife has signed up for another Ironman. I am tempted. I can do all three disciplines just fine, but training to do all three in one day at race effort is a big time commitment. Hmmm.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Notified my boss about my interviewing internally. No response. Via email or in person and I've been here for 30min. Kinda unnerving.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark

I always drive it Waze on to avoid crap like that or at least have some chance of avoiding it.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Last day of work before a long weekend of debauchery on Lake George.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I just remembered I have to fix my rear derailleur before I'm able to ride later. damnit.
(took the trail bike for DH shuttles and to Keystone over the weekend. great idea!)

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Mother F'er, it's like 90 something already and it's only 9 in the morning. And humid. F this mess. Might need to just sit in the pool tonight. Single parent week is almost over.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's official bitches! I finish my sales month and on the next pay cycle move to the new group on 9/14.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
bleh.
the slump continues. now I am forcing myself to finish this project. Everyone loves it so far. the VO is poop though.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Struggled with the bike ride yesterday--was pooped when I started! Glad I went though! Day is not starting out as nice I would like. Working on improving the situation. Just 1% better, and then again, and again, until the day is 110% awesome. :yes:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Don't I wish. He still hasn't talked or even made eye conact with me. I've been here for 6 hours at this point.
I once was "reorganized" into a group in which the manager was based in CA. He came to Denver a couple times and I was in meetings with him. He never communicated with me, acknowledged that I was on the team, or anything. I eventually got "reorg'd" again off his team and I went to lunch with his team one day and was introduced to him. I didn't tell him I had been on his team at one point. :rofl:

How the fuck does that happen?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
That Waze app gobbles a RETARDED amount of battery. WTF is that thing doing??
Maybe it keeps calculating alternative routes etc. It also keeps sending info regarding road conditions. I normally have my phone on charger when I drive and of all the navigations I have tested its the best one.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Best navigation app for your phone

https://www.waze.com/

Even NYC cabbies use it.
Ahh... so, I have a Windows phone and this is a Google app. Did you hear Microsoft is discontinuing their phones because Google refuses to contract with them? I shall have to check it out whenever I find myself in need of a new phone! Looks pretty cool though!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Waze was acquired by Google a while ago but I actually think Waze is a better app than Google Maps. The app is both Android and Iphone.

The windows phone had some nice features and a fresh way at looking at a mobile OS but no apps no good.