Quantcast

** Thursday mt**

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Most excellent ride last night. Even with the dusting of snow, there was ample grip. Except for on the icy roots.

Got my first speeding ticket last night too. Cop was doing radar sitting in front of the speed limit sign and got me as I was accelerating to that speed (down a hill). Le sigh. Oh well, he at least was nice and cut the fine down in half.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Hunting yesterday was a success. And by success I mean wandering around in the woods for a few hours and shooting arrows at tree stumps while looking for deer. Saw one, but it was too far away with too much brush between us to even consider a shot.

Going to have to shelve any more hunting plans until next week. Stupid work.

my nanny got a new car and it's nicer than anything I had at her age...hmmf
Whatd she get?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@jonKranked did you say you had a brand new pair of Brisker gloves for sale?

Mornin!

Hunting yesterday was a success. And by success I mean wandering around in the woods for a few hours and shooting arrows at tree stumps while looking for deer. Saw one, but it was too far away with too much brush between us to even consider a shot.

Whatd she get?
We saw two big deer sitting in front of our cars at the end of the ride last night. Lots of them here, if ya want one. :P

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
nissan rogue? It's not fancy, but I was driving busted cars until I was like 25, and even then that infiniti was nice but not fantastic.

we pay her a small fortune to keep her around and watch the kids while we work. If we lost her, we probably would lose our jobs as well (or one of them)...which would likely mean losing the house as well.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

We saw two big deer sitting in front of our cars at the end of the ride last night. Lots of them here, if ya want one. :P
I do if he doesn't. I ended up getting two pairs for xmas one year and simply don't ride enough to wear through them. They are size L neon yellow (duh)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah no rocket science there, but once covid goes away her income will drop. I suppose that's her problem, not mine. Just more lamenting than anything else

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
indeed. although not sure it'd be cheaper posting them to canada?

edit: gray camo, pretty certain they are size L. i was on the fence between L and XL. their gloves apparently run a little narrow so i needed the XL.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Mornin!

Whatd she get?
i need to site in my squirrel shooter a little more

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nissan rogue? It's not fancy, but I was driving busted cars until I was like 25, and even then that infiniti was nice but not fantastic.

we pay her a small fortune to keep her around and watch the kids while we work. If we lost her, we probably would lose our jobs as well (or one of them)...which would likely mean losing the house as well.
we've been circling the entrance to shit creek since the wife lost her job and was kicked off LTD. we're living off savings/retirement while we wait for the lawsuit(s) to settle

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
i need to site in my squirrel shooter a little more
Squirrels are actually edible. There's a question whether the juice is worth the squeeze, but its a possibility.

we've been circling the entrance to shit creek since the wife lost her job and was kicked off LTD. we're living off savings/retirement while we wait for the lawsuit(s) to settle
Shit dude. Thats a downer, especially since I'm guessing you are taking a pretty severe tax penalty for early withdrawal of retirement funds.

Any sort of end in sight for this one? I would imagine the expected financial windfall is sufficient to more than compensate you for the troubles?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Squirrels are actually edible. There's a question whether the juice is worth the squeeze, but its a possibility.
i really just use it to keep them off my bird feeders. although they are nice and plump looking this time of year.

1605797558933.png

Shit dude. Thats a downer, especially since I'm guessing you are taking a pretty severe tax penalty for early withdrawal of retirement funds.
we burned through our cash savings pretty quickly, and right we have another account we can pull from with penalties (although it is treated as taxable income)

Any sort of end in sight for this one? I would imagine the expected financial windfall is sufficient to more than compensate you for the troubles?
at the beginning of the year our lawyer got our case* had been on the docket for early summer, but then shit went sideways because covid, and civil courts shut down. as of right now the shutdown is officially through January, but our lawyer has heard it will be extended through at least the spring, possibly summer. Next March will be 3 years since the accident, so its possible they might want to get this off their books by then. usually they want to get this stuff wrapped up in 2 years, but these are strange times.

*our primary case against the other driver in the accident (who was 100% at fault)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm sorry to hear that. Also, I fully recognize the privilege that i have to pay my nanny so much so I have the luxury of keeping my job during the pandemic. It could be better, it could be a lot worse. I hope that your situation gets a lot better.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am an admitted "car guy" and in my teenage years burned through a string of them. Civic, Quattro, 200tq, Conquest, MR2, Blazer, S6, FX35, Rav4, Alfa. Owned the civic and infiniti the longest.
You went from an MR2 to a Blazer and then to an S6?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm sorry to hear that. Also, I fully recognize the privilege that i have to pay my nanny so much so I have the luxury of keeping my job during the pandemic. It could be better, it could be a lot worse. I hope that your situation gets a lot better.
thanks man. all things considered we're very fortunate that we are not royally fucked right now, financially speaking.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am an admitted "car guy" and in my teenage years burned through a string of them. Civic, Quattro, 200tq, Conquest, MR2, Blazer, S6, FX35, Rav4, Alfa. Owned the civic and infiniti the longest.
i grew up poor, so to me cars were always just utilitarian. i didn't have a car (or even a cell phone for that matter) until I was in college.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You went from an MR2 to a Blazer and then to an S6?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I think that's how it went down.
Feel free to insult my taste in cars, just not my parenting.
I have a taste for interesting, weird cars...and that usually comes with a lack of reliability. The MR2 was a trash-heap, the blazer was a lifted trash-heap, and the s6 was a maintenance trash-heap. I learned, marginally, with the Infiniti which had very few issues for the 5.5 years I owned it for. I made money buying and selling those cars over the years, so it wasn't a particularly expensive hobby, and all of these were extremely cheap.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
47 and on my 4th, 5th, or 6th... depending on what counts.

Vehicles I (and only I) have owned: Voyager, Nova, Tacoma, Tundra. My fianancée and I own the Sprinter camper together. The team (of which I am a partner) collectively owns Topé.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I think that's how it went down.
Feel free to insult my taste in cars, just not my parenting.
I have a taste for interesting, weird cars...and that usually comes with a lack of reliability. The MR2 was a trash-heap, the blazer was a lifted trash-heap, and the s6 was a maintenance trash-heap. I learned, marginally, with the Infiniti which had very few issues for the 5.5 years I owned it for. I made money buying and selling those cars over the years, so it wasn't a particularly expensive hobby, and all of these were extremely cheap.
The Blazer just stands out in that list. A buddy had one in highschool - it was truly a pile of shit on wheels.....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
oh . . . carmonkeyDOTcom, eh? Let's see - 46 and have had: celica (used), civic (new), civic (new), passat (used), infiniti (used), no car since march (sharing highlander w/wife).

just a normal derp of a day so far here. time to fire up some more coffee!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
The Blazer just stands out in that list. A buddy had one in highschool - it was truly a pile of shit on wheels.....
Mine was a ZR2. It wasn't a bad car in the same sense that states at 28* latitude aren't bad states. It's just that OUR state a 28* N is a bad state. Mine was lifted and I learned after selling it later that the previous owner had actually tried jumping it over a dirt pile :( . I distinctly remember a 12 gallon tank and getting about 160 miles per fill-up. It still wasn't the worst thing I've driven.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
oh . . . carmonkeyDOTcom, eh? Let's see - 46 and have had: celica (used), civic (new), civic (new), passat (used), infiniti (used), no car since march (sharing highlander w/wife).

just a normal derp of a day so far here. time to fire up some more coffee!
cars owned
72 beetle
72 510 sw
80 rabbit
85 GTI
77 FJ40
92 jetta
93 passat VR6
89 GTI
87 jetta coupe
98 NB
04 Passport