Quantcast

&&&Thursday GMT&&&

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Was reminded that it is the Anniversary of D-Day...Snap of the troop ship my pops was on that sank during the invasion of Normandy, the Susan B. Anthony:

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i found out last year that one of my great uncle's was part of the landing at normandy. not surprisingly, he never ever talked about it. I didn't find out about it until after he passed.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
The only thing my dad ever mentioned was that he had to shimmy on a line form one boat to another and "thus" could not land with any gun. I think that this was his plan all along. He then build a bunch of pontoon bridges via the Engineer Corps, came home & biked around Europe post the war with a bud. Vault pretty much stayed shut beyond those points.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I am amazed that some of my larger colleagues can make the 9" reinforced concrete slab that is our 2nd floor office BOUNCE like a trampoline. There's a couple that I have to stop typing when they go by.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am amazed that some of my larger colleagues can make the 9" reinforced concrete slab that is our 2nd floor office BOUNCE like a trampoline. There's a couple that I have to stop typing when they go by.
just pretend you're in jurassic park. put a glass of water on your desk and watch for ripples

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I've booked my last flights back to, and back from Dakar. 2 weeks till I take off for a break, 2.5 months till I'm done with this joint.

At least I'll finally get to ride in a "pod equipped" business class aircraft!

2 weeks tomorrow... I can already feel the too-cold air conditioning in the lounge, and taste the warm whiskey because there isn't any ice left in the ice bin... but that'll be juuuuuuust fine.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Its Friday b!tches WOOOOOO!!!!

Got my weekend all lined up.

Friday: Beer garden and food trucks at Drakes Brewing

Saturday: Camp Nine swimming hole then wine tasting in Murphys

Sunday: Shuttle runs and napping

Feel free to be jelly :D

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
90's? Damn. High of 54F yesterday here...
It's already 85* and not even noon yet. We'll probably be done working by 2pm.

In other news, Bought a Reverb Stealth through the LBS and it only lasted 6 weeks of riding before dumping the oil into my seat tube. Discovered said erectile dysfunction yesterday evening. weak sauce...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Rain, rain and mo rain. Glad I got in a ride yesterday.

In the home stretch on a drawn out, complicated, challenging custom piece. Quite tired of working on it and will be glad to have it done, and hopefully get paid ASAP.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I've booked my last flights back to, and back from Dakar. 2 weeks till I take off for a break, 2.5 months till I'm done with this joint.

At least I'll finally get to ride in a "pod equipped" business class aircraft!

2 weeks tomorrow... I can already feel the too-cold air conditioning in the lounge, and taste the warm whiskey because there isn't any ice left in the ice bin... but that'll be juuuuuuust fine.
what do you think the chances of a bottle of whiskey being shipped to dakar are without breaking are?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Planning on sending one?

I managed to bring a bottle of Bulleit back with me last time. It's already almost gone...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It's already 85* and not even noon yet. We'll probably be done working by 2pm.

In other news, Bought a Reverb Stealth through the LBS and it only lasted 6 weeks of riding before dumping the oil into my seat tube. Discovered said erectile dysfunction yesterday evening. weak sauce...
v 1.0 of the Stealth? My v.1.0 Reverb crapped out fairly quickly. v.2.0 is going strong over a year from when SRAM replaced it under warranty...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
v 1.0 of the Stealth? My v.1.0 Reverb crapped out fairly quickly. v.2.0 is going strong over a year from when SRAM replaced it under warranty...
This^.

Actually, I think SRAM is on v3 now based on the post Stoney just received as a warranty replacement, which is different still from my v2. Get your shop to start an RA and swap it out.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Not sure which model but it shipped NIB about 6 weeks ago. Shop has the post now and should be taking care of it. Luckily my quiver is not empty.

Also today was Asada, Adobada, and Chicharrón tacos.