Quantcast

>>throwback Thursday GMT<<

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Come on Friday! Bought another truck topper last night. This time it was a color matched one with all the goodies. Two in less than a week. ROFL. Time to get the other one prepped for sale...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We haven't been winning much work on the east coast this year, so I end up getting tagged to be technical lead for sales proposals. For the second time in a row I got my ass chewed out during a proposal review because my boss dropped the ball and sold me down the river. Good times.

In other news, the dead squirrel is no longer in my yard. Neighbors dog shit is also no longer in my yard.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have a cold going on week 3 which has turned into a sinus infection. I am old and weak. Riding my bike turned my nose into a snot cannon.

Another aggressive driver this morning. Old dude in his badass cross over. I was trying to get around cars parked in the bike lane and he did not like that then had to move into the road. He then proceed to pass me only to stop again as he caught more traffic and I passed him again. In New York getting to the red light fast is important.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
At home with 2 sick kids. I'd better not catch it.
Put a plastic bag over your head, seal it tight, real tight. You will not get infected with anything, I guarantee it.

If you want to be extra careful fill the bag with undiluted bleach, the stinging will be brief but worth it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
i have a good tent. looking to make a basic tarp / awning kind of cover
I bought a Party canopy 16 x 20 with side flaps at Bay State Job lots for $28. And a cheapo family tent for $22. I put the tent under the canopy and it affords me enough room to drag a picnic table underneath. It also affords me a waterproof, bugproof, windproof camping area. Most of the grommets and zippers on the tent have failed. The canopy had a tussle with a bear that came into camp at Old Forge. It held up except for where the stakes secure the side flap. My fellow campers are jealous of its splendor. If the canvas on the canopy fails I will use a tarp instead as the frame of the canopy is so solid. I have seen the same canopy in camo at Gander Mountain and Dicks but at a considerably higher price.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I bought a Party canopy 16 x 20 with side flaps at Bay State Job lots for $28. And a cheapo family tent for $22. I put the tent under the canopy and it affords me enough room to drag a picnic table underneath. It also affords me a waterproof, bugproof, windproof camping area. Most of the grommets and zippers on the tent have failed. The canopy had a tussle with a bear that came into camp at Old Forge. It held up except for where the stakes secure the side flap. My fellow campers are jealous of its splendor. If the canvas on the canopy fails I will use a tarp instead as the frame of the canopy is so solid. I have seen the same canopy in camo at Gander Mountain and Dicks but at a considerably higher price.
thanks but looking for something more lightweight / compact

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i have a good tent. looking to make a basic tarp / awning kind of cover
Ah, I built a large canopy out of two large tarps, a series of 2x2s and a bunch of rope for my Y2K shelter. Actually a shelter for Y2K NYE musical festival in Florida. Sheltered 7 of us from sun and rain, the key was having a talented knot tie-er around to make sure all the guide lines were tight.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
thanks but looking for something more lightweight / compact

In that case just used the stretched hides of your enemies. No need to carry anything, just invite them along and kill off one for each camp site. All you have to carry is a good fillet knife and some rope, perhaps a gag to muffle the screams.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Apparently we have a piece of equipment here called strippers. Coworker marched me around today proclaiming to people she wanted to teach me about stripping.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ah, I built a large canopy out of two large tarps, a series of 2x2s and a bunch of rope for my Y2K shelter. Actually a shelter for Y2K NYE musical festival in Florida. Sheltered 7 of us from sun and rain, the key was having a talented knot tie-er around to make sure all the guide lines were tight.
right now i'm using some home depot tarps. want something more compact. found a place to source silny by the yard, as well as grommets and associated seam tape

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
This is one of the fastest weeks to date, so it feels, and to top it off, day off tomorrow for Cesar Chavez. Thank you mexican farm workers!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When my friends Rooster got shot they were able to triangulate the shot was from her neighbors back porch.
Triangulation implies multiple data collection points where amplitude and time delay of the shots acoustic imprint were measured. Sure they didn't just draw a straight line from where the bullet went through shit?