Quantcast

Throw-back Frame Question: Yeti DH-9

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This is going to be a toss out for FT, Profo, threepointtwo, and any of the other old guys that rode Yeti DH-9's.

I am trying to track down frame weight on a DH-9 frame. I know there is a touch of irony in me now knowing this, but since all of my old posts were deleted, I can't search for any of the frame reviews I did back in the day.

I know it was in the ~12# range, but my 303 is coming in near the same at 12.75# and the 303 is notably heavier than my DH-9 was.

I've done the MTBR, RM, Google, Yetifan, PB, etc. searches and have come up with nothing. If you can remember of can find a reference, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mark

Last edited:

schwinnstr8

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
East Los
If you're talking about the push shock frame...the one I owned (Schwinn version) was about 11-12 pounds (large). Are you looking for exact weight?
FYI... I think the guy i sold it to is now selling it.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If you're talking about the push shock frame...the one I owned (Schwinn version) was about 11-12 pounds (large). Are you looking for exact weight?
FYI... I think the guy i sold it to is now selling it.
Thanks for the weight info. If you know where the guy is or have his contact I would appreciate it.

Profo - You know any of the Windrock guys that might still have one floating around? I can't find any, and I don't really know anyone plugged into Yeti in CO. Well, FT, but he's impossible to track down. Does anyone have his email or phone?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If it didnt hurt my wrists, id be racing it, Its an extremely great bike, surprised we dont see so many rotecs floatin around.
The HA is 65.5 with a pretty high BB. I like long, low, and slack which the Rotec isn't.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
The HA is 65.5 with a pretty high BB. I like long, low, and slack which the Rotec isn't.
HA is 65. Throw on the super slack angleset or offest cups and viola. 49" WB, 13.7ish BB, 63.5 HA bike.

Is it a foolish question to ask why not get one of the several bikes that fit what you're looking for?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
HA is 65. Throw on the super slack angleset or offest cups and viola. 49" WB, 13.7ish BB, 63.5 HA bike.

Is it a foolish question to ask why not get one of the several bikes that fit what you're looking for?
I forgot about the angle cup. Doesn't it need to be a 1.5 to work? Also, concentric bb pivot vs behind seat tube pivot leads to different feel. I'm looking at straight 8 frames too.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yeah... I'm super impossible to track down. ;)

And I'll ask a buddy who HAD one for sale, but now that I think about it, it's probably a medium. Most folks I know that rode 'em had mediums, since that size seemed to fit anyone up to about 6'11".

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'll see if I can get onto a medium this week, as I know of a few locally. If a medium works, my life just got easier.

Jump Chump

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
A, A
Sorry to resurrect, but I'm hoping someone will help me out.

My wife's dh9 has a hairline crack on the chainstay around the pivot. It's a size small, and needless to say, it's my wife's baby (well, other baby).

I'm looking to buy a used frame or even an extra chainstay that you might have around the garage.

The rest of the bike is in great condition, so it's a shame to hang the frame on a wall.

Other question would be if chainstay on medium/large frames would fit.

Attaching pic of bike from back in the day.

Thanks!

damon

DSCN3406.JPG

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I forgot about the angle cup. Doesn't it need to be a 1.5 to work? Also, concentric bb pivot vs behind seat tube pivot leads to different feel. I'm looking at straight 8 frames too.
It's 1 1/8? Last year too? I remember there were some plans for a new one but were scratched. Worst case scenario you can use offset bushings(a bit below 1 deg change) If the headset is intergrated it is possible to make a 1 1/8 anglecup.