Quantcast

thoughts on Voodoo frames

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
so i'm thinking of building up a hardtail at some point. i've seen the Voodoo Bizango's for some good prices at a couple of online shops. i thought about a Spooky too but the Voodoo's are a bit cheaper in price and the attraction to a steel frame (reynolds 853) is tempting since i love steel bikes. my road bike is 853 too. so does anyone have any thoughts, experiences on these frames?

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
I had a Voodoo for a little while. The frame was nicer than I expected it to be and it definitely didn't deserve the junk parts I threw onto it. Actually I kinda miss the frame now that I remember it. My only problem was that the seatstays flexed a bit much when braking but a brake booster fixed that. Also it had the sickest paint job of any bike I've owned, pretty much the same paint style that Klein used.

Vandal

Chimp
Mar 3, 2005
I have a Wanga One and I love it. The frame is lighter than the On One rigid steel fork I put on it. And I agree about the paintjob. It's top notch.

shorty13

Chimp
Aug 21, 2008
I've never used one myself but a couple of my friends have and they love them. I haven't really heard of them having any problems with them and they are pretty sturdy.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
We have a no-options OX platinum 26"/650b frame that we are doing for $800 now.

The Bizango would be most equivalent to that bike, so it is a $200 price difference. Our frame will have our stock NE XC numbers, which are a little bit more stable than the Vodoo geo. The Spooky would be about .25 pound or so lighter as well.

The Bizango is a classic though. Tons of my friends used to race them back in the late 90's...

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
is british racing green an option color? if not then i'd probably take it bare and have a friend of a friend paint it for me. if i go to the site, which frame am i looking at for geometry numbers? i wouldn't need any braze on's, as long as it has disk mounts i'm all set.