Quantcast

Thomson dropper

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
seems like an awful lot of "good luck"
Look, your anecdotal evidence does not convince me that my, personal, anecdotal evidence isn't true. Everything sram I've owned has been really good, except when it leaked oil. Out the seals, or the top cap, from the damper to the lowers, or even out the bottom. When it works it can be good stuff, and it's so cheaply made that they will probably just send you a new one when it breaks, but I prefer not to gamble on large purchases.

Next you'll tell me that you prefer sram shifting to shimano.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Look, your anecdotal evidence does not convince me that my, personal, anecdotal evidence isn't true. Everything sram I've owned has been really good, except when it leaked oil. Out the seals, or the top cap, from the damper to the lowers, or even out the bottom. When it works it can be good stuff, and it's so cheaply made that they will probably just send you a new one when it breaks, but I prefer not to gamble on large purchases.

Next you'll tell me that you prefer sram shifting to shimano.
meh, my shimano shifting has been satisfactory, my sram shifting has been ..... satisfactory, i rate neither as better than the other.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I had an early one. It went the full 2 year interval. I sent it in for service (canada, 6weeks and $120 door to door) and they just sent me a new one.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Oh yeah, my juicies were the only brake of mine that leaked oil that weren't hope.
That's impressive considering they don't even contain oil to begin with.
SRAM: so good at leaking, our products will materialize substances to leak if they have to.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
no, I missed out on the deal and decided that 400 was a bit much to spend right now, as there's other shit I want.

There is a slick deal on a reverb stealf for 300 right now.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Sram is just a front company for Exxon so they can leak oil into the environment in a slower, more discreet way. :tinfoil:

That said, both my Reverbs have been flawless other than a small, unnoticeable about of play. But I do take care to make sure I don't ride around jagged rocks on the Alaskan coastline.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My 1st Reverb died 11 months into service, SRAM sent me a warranty replacement that has been going strong for almost two years now (knocks on wood). :nerd: