Quantcast

This sucks...anyways to cure cold symptomes for 1 night?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Man I just got sick today. What sucks is I HAVE to go out all night. I'll get home at like 10am urgh. Going to a bar till 3am I think than off to Aria from prolly 3am-7 or 10am for an amazing DJ who's playing tonight. GRRRRRr and it's a friends b-day and I have to many ppl relying on me to go to back out. Does anyone know some meds that will keep me healthy tonight? :dead:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Just remember, if you're pumpin the cold medicine don't drink too much. And drink lots of water.

Dayquill usually works for me or the tylenol cold stuff.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Dayquil and some Afrin nasal spray for sinus. The afrin will get rid of anything in ur nose and dry it up so u got nothing dripping after like 30 mins. works for me when i got parties to goto.

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek

just get hammered and put yer head on the table.

that should num ya, but if you do go the rought of cough, meds, do not mix with alc.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
HAHA I was about to take some dayquil but apparently it's dangerous to take with my oher meds. I just popped a bunch of extra strength tylenol. Gonna keeo the bottle on me all night. Most people with think I'm popping X or speed every hour lol. Aria doesn't serve drinks only energy drinks. 95% of the people are on some drug or another. :drool: :eek:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
the Inbred said:
"Happy Birthday! i'm gonna give you, and everyone else, a cold. Have fun!"
LOL btw if anyone wants to come to my b-day I'm having it on April 15th at Aria. If anyone is in town, Ferry Corsten is Djing.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
JMAC said:
this is just extra strength tylenol
You need to be careful with that stuff and don't take more than recommended. I know you said you weren't taking dayquil, but a lot of cold remedies also have acetaminophen in them.

On June 24, 2003, 17-year-old Kellie Lynn McWilliams was suffering with pain from a Migraine attack and turned to Tylenol for pain relief. In pain and probably tired and groggy, Kellie took approximately 20 of the 500 mg acetaminophen capsules. That translates to ingesting 10 grams of acetaminophen; the maximum recommended within 24 hours is four grams.

When Kellie became ill, repeatedly vomiting, she was taken to the hospital. She told her mother, "I thought it was OK. It's just Tylenol, Ma." The side effects of the overdose caused kidney and liver damage resulting in organ failure, which caused her death on June 28. According to Dr. Bill Banner, Medical Director of the Oklahoma Poison Control Center, an antidote is available, but it has to be administered within 18 hours of taking the acetaminophen.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
dirtjumpP.1 said:
yeah, but hose dumb enought to take 20 at a time?

Quite a few:

The American Association of Poison Control Centers shows the following statistics for reported acetaminophen poisonings in 2001:

Total reported exposures: 57,516
Reported exposures, under the age of 19: 40,774
Unintentional overdoses: 35,705
Intentional overdoses: 20,002
Total treated for the exposure: 24,934
Impact on health from the incident: none, 15,029; minor, 6,223; moderate, 3,138; major, 829; fatal: 120

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Well I just got home, 8:35am. I made it through the night actaully feeling much better right now than before I left. DO NOT take pain killers and alcohol at the same time. You don;t feel to welll after that. Anyways I'm off to bed.

J

JRB

JMAC said:
Well I just got home, 8:35am. I made it through the night actaully feeling much better right now than before I left. DO NOT take pain killers and alcohol at the same time. You don;t feel to welll after that. Anyways I'm off to bed.
Uhm - you said you feel better now, but said to NOT take pain killers. I don't get it.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
loco said:
Uhm - you said you feel better now, but said to NOT take pain killers. I don't get it.
Oh well the combination didn;t go over well last night but I wasn;t sick for too long. I'm extremely tired nothing I say here for a few days will make any sense. :drool:

J

JRB

JMAC said:
Oh well the combination didn;t go over well last night but I wasn;t sick for too long. I'm extremely tired nothing I say here for a few days will make any sense. :drool:
hahahaha - for a FEW days. :think:

J

JRB

JMAC said:
OK OK you know what I mean, I'll make even less sense than I usaully do for the next few days. Better?
Hope you feel better soon, so you can go back to making no sense for no reason. :)